April 27, 2024, 01:16:22 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

nice. her tail weapon can be a pain in the ass to get. probably second hardest after seath's. unless you count dlc bosses in which case kalameet's is a huge pain too.

Nyerp

holy fuck i was so surprised after i lied down in that coffin in the catacombs. i really thought i had discovered a secret way to get to nito early. what an awesome moment

also jesus christ that tense walk to the next bonfire after killing pinwheel

Kalahari Inkantation

how many seconds did it take you to beat pinwheel sillydood;

Nyerp

August 31, 2015, 10:21:42 PM #528 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:26:46 PM by Nyerp
he (they?) wasn't hard but there were like 20 of them at the end so i probably could've died if i fucked up sillydood;

also i didn't know their weakness beforehand so i used the shitty divine longsword +3 i had been using in the level. i can't imagine how easy it would have been if i had been using the furysword lol

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on August 31, 2015, 10:21:42 PM
he (they?) wasn't hard but there were like 20 of them at the end so i probably could've died if i fucked up sillydood;

also i didn't know their weakness beforehand so i used the shitty divine longsword +3 i had been using in the level. i can't imagine how easy it would have been if i had been using the furysword lol
yeah. the furysword can possibly take him out before he can even split once

Snowy

Pinwheel is the hardest boss though.

[youtube]hb-HRDIiRXA[/youtube]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on August 31, 2015, 10:21:42 PM

wait, he can split into more than three?

tbh i've never seen the fight last long enough for much to happen

Nyerp

lol i think you're meant to go into the catacombs as soon as you hear that rhea of thorolund is trapped down there. so pinwheel is supposed to be right after capra demon i guess???

Samus Aran

you can't finish tomb of the giants until after you have the lord vessel, as placing it on firelink shrine is what unlocks the barrier in front of nito's boss room. So logically there's no real reason to do Catacombs before that point either, imo. But who knows what the developers had in mind.

btw, are you bothering to do Nito's and Gwyndolin's respective covenants before killing them?

Nyerp

well beating pinwheel gets you the rite of kindling at least. 15-20 flasks probably would've been helpful in anor londo

also no i'm still giving humanity to quelaag's sister so i can save solaire and those require you to invade a bunch of people and i don't really care for that lol

Samus Aran

they do require that, but on the other than, they don't really

while the intended method getting the souvenirs of reprisal for gwyndolin and the eyes of death for nito is certainly to engage in the proper PvP, its not the only method

you can also get them via enemy drops. the basilisks (frog guys that spit petrifying clouds) in the depths drop eyes of death at  pretty decent rate. you can also find these guys in the great hollow, an optional area below blighttown. as for the souvenirs, they're dropped by the harpy enemies in the painted world, at an okay rate.

when going for these, wearing the covetous gold serpent ring (found in tomb of the giants, look up the exact location) and possibly also having some humanity in your stats to raise your item discovery will help. Covetous ring should be enough, but each humanity does a bit too, up to 10. Symbol of Avarice works too but I doubt you have it yet.

Nyerp

oh okay

[glow=black,2,300]still not gonna do it though LOL[/glow]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on September 03, 2015, 10:23:19 PM
oh okay

[glow=black,2,300]still not gonna do it though LOL[/glow]
not really worth it anyway unless you intend to platinum the game

Samus Aran

yeah pretty much

the miracles you get aren't that good

Nyerp

killed nito on my first try!! [glow=black,2,300]although i already knew you had to kill the skeletons with divine weapons from watching my brother play 2 years ago[/glow]

also killed ceaseless discharge! [glow=black,2,300]using the instakill trick that i also knew from watching my brother play awdood;[/glow]

my demon's souls playthrough was much more blind than this. nito was still pretty intense tho

Go Up