April 27, 2024, 08:27:55 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on August 16, 2015, 01:51:54 PM
(note that killing gwyndolin will enrage a fire keeper of anor londo's first bonfire and you will be forced to kill her and make this bonfire stop working, but oh well)

wtf is there any way to avoid that? can you kill gwyndolin later when you don't need that bonfire as much?

Thyme

Quote from: Nyerp on August 16, 2015, 02:17:45 PM
(note that killing gwyndolin will enrage a fire keeper of anor londo's first bonfire and you will be forced to kill her and make this bonfire stop working, but oh well)

wtf is there any way to avoid that? can you kill gwyndolin later when you don't need that bonfire as much?

sure hocuspocus;

TooB

you can NOT kill him

Samus Aran

yeah absolutely, you can kill gwyndolin at any time.

there are four bonfires in anor londo. the one at the beginning, which is the one that goes out after you're forced to kill what's-her-face (this one is warpable once you have the lordvessel), the one shortly afterward in the elevator area right next to gwyn's tomb (where you fight gwyndolin), the one inside the palace in a room where you'll begin exploring said palace, and the one right after killing ornstein and smough (also warpable).

the first one becomes pretty unnecessary eventually, so don't worry too much.

the real pressing issue for killing gwyndolin is that you might want to do his covenant first. he offers two miracles through it that you can't obtain anywhere else. said covenant is not worth doing the "legit" way, tho. the items required are only acquired via invading sinful players and killing them (legit way) or by being dropped by the harpy enemies in the painted world (much better way).

imo, stock up on those items from the harpies, give em to gwyndolin, get your miracles, then kill him.

Nyerp

killed sif. :( fuck those forest npcs though

Nyerp

i did it on my 2nd try, but who the FUCK thought that part in anor londo with the archers was designed well enough to keep in the game

Samus Aran

lmao yeah that part is awful. there are a million tactics out there written for that part. my preferred method is simply to walk right up to the one on the right, because if you get right next to him, you can sorta just nudge him off the ledge while the one on the left can't hit you with arrows because there's a small piece of wall in his way

Nyerp

oh.........you need to go back to undead asylum in order to get the peculiar doll.........and go to the catacombs in order to get a ring that lets you fight gwyndolin.......well, i guess i'll just keep trying to kill lautrec awdood;

Samus Aran

oh lmao I forgot to mention those :(

Nyerp

i dont wanna play this game anymore

Kalahari Inkantation

what's discouraging you cry;

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

lol

[spoiler]

there's no shame in summoning solaire[/spoiler]

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on August 20, 2015, 03:16:18 PM
lol

[spoiler]

there's no shame in summoning solaire[/spoiler]

[spoiler]and an online player[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

and there's also no shame in spending the entire fight hiding behind those conveniently-placed pillars

Go Up