April 27, 2024, 01:22:47 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Classic

I love that, Snowy.  giggle;

Nyerp

took me 6 tries to beat the gargoyles. and that's only because i got lucky. "easier than demon's souls" MY ASS akudood;

now i have no idea where to go in the game because this is where i quit last time. time to roam into different areas and get killed until i find the right one giggle;

Samus Aran

the gargoyles are definitely a hard fight your first time that early in the game tho, don't worry. it's supposed to be your first chokepoint.

also, the bosses of dark souls aren't what's easier than demon's souls. the bosses are def not easier. it's just that the general mechanics of the game make it easier to play and less clunky. and also, checkpoints (bonfires).

Nyerp

LOL i died twice to moonlight butterfly smithicide; i kept trying to throw firebombs or arrows at it before i realized i just had to dodge all of its attacks until it lowered its head (which it didn't even do the first time i fought it)

TooB

I was gonna say, who said it was easier than demons?
Anyway... go for it nyerp!!

Nyerp

Samus Aran

moonlight butterfly is just an annoying boss, I hate it.

what gift did you pick at the beginning? If you picked the master key or whatever, you can already easily get to blighttown via a tiny portion of valley of the drakes via the new anor londo elevators via firelink shrine. if not, you can still get to blighttown almost as easily via a bit more of valley of drakes, having to fight some little dragons (or run past them), via an elevator from darkroot basin (which is just to the right of the entrance to darkroot garden from undead burg).

alternatively, you could take the harder path into blighttown which is in the depths below undead burg. you would do this by using the key you should now have to unlock a door near the undead parish bridge w/the dragon (the side of it near where solaire was). you will follow this to the capra demon fight, kill him and get his key, and use it further down to get into the depths, and fight the gaping dragon there for his key into blighttown which unlocks big doors inside the depths.

basically, the next key objective is to get to blighttown one way or another and beat the boss there, as you can then ring the second bell of awakening.

while I do suggest fighting every boss for the full experience, I don't recommend ultimately using the harder path into blighttown via the depths, because it fucking sucks and has way more enemies and shitty tiny walkways that are easy to fall off of and die.

there is more loot going the hard way though, so there's that. though the easy way will actually more quickly get you to the important loot: a fire keeper soul

Nyerp

i picked the master key but yeah i still wanna fight all the bosses

i might try the easier way depending on how hard the other way is. thanx

TooB

please do blighttown via the depths...
you must experience it

Samus Aran

btw two optional fights you should also do in the meantime are both in darkroot basin. havel is in the tower there, and in the lake is the hydra. neither are bosses but everyone has to fight them at least once, it's an unwritten rule (plus havel drops a really good ring and you have to kill the hydra to access the dlc later anyway)

Nyerp

havel instakilled me when i walked into his room so i approached him from above and backstabbed him to death tomatoes;

Nyerp

got really lucky and only died once to the capra demon because i already knew how to deal with him

but then i got lost in the depths and used a homeward bone to get back to firelink because Dance Wizard and his Rat Legion scared me away and i never found a bonfire in there :'(

Samus Aran

You passed by it. Remember the hallway with the slime enemies all over the ceiling, with water on the ground? The bonfire is behind a door at the end of that hallway.

Go Up