April 27, 2024, 12:50:44 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

and i have yet to even begin the dlc lol

i have some tedium in the form of weapons smithing and covenant manipulation that i'd like to get out of the way first, as i don't want the last few hours of my dark soulsing experience to be bogged down by mundanities

doing this now because for some dumb reason embers don't carry over into ng+ awdood;

Samus Aran

like i already told you, you'll find a good large titanite shard farming spot in the dlc, it's probably faster than farming souls to buy them...and you'll need a lot of them lol

also i had no idea that embers didn't carry over, but that's not too big of a deal for me tbh

Kalahari Inkantation

not everything i'm concerned with upgrading actually requires large titanite shards, and i'll worry about those that do once i've started the dlc (although there's one farming spot that nets such a vast number of souls in so little time that i might honestly still just be better off buying them, unless farming those dlc enemies is incredibly time efficient)

in any case, i should only need ~30 max atm, and i probably have at least five on me right now

TooB

im totaly gonna preorder the dark souls 2 guide

Samus Aran

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on February 10, 2014, 04:31:42 PM
not everything i'm concerned with upgrading actually requires large titanite shards, and i'll worry about those that do once i've started the the dlc (although there's one farming spot that nets such a vast number of souls in so little time that i might honestly still just be better off buying them, unless farming those dlc enemies is incredibly time efficient)

in any case, i should only need ~30 max atm, and i probably have at least five on me right now

the spot i'm referring to is right next to the oolacile township bonfire, which is warp-able, and right next to it is a group of five enemies that regularly drop large titanite shards if your item discovery is boosted. they can drop either one shard or two at a time. sometimes i'd get two shards per run, sometimes even four.

the easiest merchant to buy them from, considering the proximity from a bonfire, is also in the dlc lol

hawkeye gough is faster to get to from the oolacile township bonfire than the giant blacksmith is from the chamber of the princess bonfire...and they both sell them for 3800 souls each.

Snowy

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on February 11, 2014, 10:35:02 AM
im totaly gonna preorder the the dark souls 2 guide
lmao what a waste of money

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on February 11, 2014, 02:06:16 PM
Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on February 11, 2014, 10:35:02 AM
im totaly gonna preorder the the the the dark souls 2 guide
lmao what a waste of money
lmao
so what? i want it

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

i'll beat it over the the weekend lol

how/when are going to go about our co-op playthrough

Samus Aran

idk we should soon though

and whoever is summoned should be sunbro so we can get medallions

Kalahari Inkantation

February 13, 2014, 05:20:53 PM #370 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:27:42 PM by A Fatass Penguin Named Tec
how willing would you be to play through it [glow=black,2,300]twice[/glow], alternating between clearing a few areas in one player's game and a few in the other's or smth until we've finished both y/n

Samus Aran

that sounds fine to me

Kalahari Inkantation

sanctuary guardian is such a pissoff

thank goodness his health is relatively low, though that doesn't really help until after successfully severing his tail which takes forever since he only ever lets it down for two seconds once every 20 minutes akudood;

Samus Aran

you could have just waited for his tail weapon until after you kill him, at which point you can go back to that bonfire and there will be two guardians spawned, but no fog gate. so you can stand near the bonfire and just shoot arrows at its tail.

Kalahari Inkantation

oh

i just wasted the last four hours of my life

Go Up