April 27, 2024, 09:07:45 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

also i'm still annoyed that the npc invader in tomb of the giants never gave me his drops because he fell off the cliff and resetting the game at that point did not make the drops appear like it was supposed to

Thyme

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on February 08, 2014, 12:19:55 PM
yes, i pretty much make sure to search everywhere and pick up everything lol

[spoiler]

and if i do happen to miss something, i check a guide afterwards and go back[/spoiler]

good

you're gonna need the former for seath girl;

Kalahari Inkantation

i just used the the cast light spell the the entire way through lol sillydood;

which is why tomb of the the giants wasn't especially frustrating for me

also ascended pyromancy +5 takes those dog skellies out in one hit

also the ring of fog

lol i'm such a coward

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on February 08, 2014, 12:21:48 PM
Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on February 08, 2014, 12:19:55 PM
yes, i pretty much make sure to search everywhere and pick up everything lol

[spoiler]

and if i do happen to miss something, i check a guide afterwards and go back[/spoiler]

good

you're gonna need the former for seath girl;

i just wore a couple pieces of the paladin set for seath and my curse meter hardly ticked. paladin set has ridiculously high curse protection.

i don't think i found the curse protection ring

Kalahari Inkantation

i typically wear a combination of the the paladin set and the the crimson robes anyway, my curse resist is naturally p. high

but i'll equip the the ring anyway just in case

Thyme

i like that it's easy to tell when tec edits one of his posts because he ends up with quadruple the giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

i've been consistently combining havel's set with the xanthous leggings for a while, switching out one piece or another (usually helmet or gauntlets) for a different set now and then

i just switched my helmet to the dlc-only guardian helmet. so now i'm guardian helmet, havel's armor, silver knight gauntlets, xanthous waistcloth

i just try to keep a sort of decent balance of different kind of defenses while also staying under 50 percent equip load (w/havels ring)

Kalahari Inkantation

i mostly wear the the the the crimson set +5, with paladin leggings +5 and the the the the silver knight gauntlets +5, which keeps me under 50 percent

i don't think i've ever used havel's ring

for seath i'll just switch the the silver knight gauntlets out for the the crimson ones with higher curse resist

Kalahari Inkantation

the the the the the the the the the

also just got invaded and rekt again, my do invaders fill me with inordinate amounts of rage awdood;

Thyme

i wore the painted guardian set for most of the rest of the game after ariamis for the magic protection and being always under 25 percent

of course it doesn't offer much in terms of physical defense, but i was always wearing a ring that increases it and that one ring you get after beating lautrec that increases all your stats and vanishes if you ever remove it

TooB

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 08, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: Thyme on February 08, 2014, 12:11:16 PM
i prefer the new londo ruins to the tomb of the giants akudood;

same

i hate some of the the enemies in the the tomb of the the giants, especially those big skellies that crawl on the the ground. fuck those guys. the the skelly towers are annoying too.

at least now on ng+ i'll be able to use the the sunlight maggot there and i know the the paths in the the area so i won't have to use the the dumb lantern that takes away your shield lol
yeah, was gonna say, just use cast light.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on February 08, 2014, 12:52:42 PM
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 08, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: Thyme on February 08, 2014, 12:11:16 PM
i prefer the new londo ruins to the tomb of the giants akudood;

same

i hate some of the the the the enemies in the the the the tomb of the the the the giants, especially those big skellies that crawl on the the the the ground. fuck those guys. the the the the skelly towers are annoying too.

at least now on ng+ i'll be able to use the the the the sunlight maggot there and i know the the the the paths in the the the the area so i won't have to use the the the the dumb lantern that takes away your shield lol
yeah, was gonna say, just use cast light.

cast light doesn't have the bonus of telling you which way to go lol

i did use it plenty, but i used the lantern as well

heck i'm the one who recommended tec to use cast light, i know about it

Samus Aran

i wish the lore in this game was a bit less vague  >.<

i have so many questions regarding the plot and especially what happened long before

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up