April 27, 2024, 02:40:00 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

Just curious- do any of you guys have the DLC? akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on February 01, 2014, 02:22:49 PM
Just curious- do any of you guys have the DLC? akudood;

i do, and i did get the pendant in the duke's archives but i probably will not anything more until i'm right at the end of the main game

and considering that i have 2/4 lord souls i guess that's not very far away

Kalahari Inkantation

i don't have it, and i probably won't worry about it until i'm near finished with the base game

Thyme

i forgot all about it and then i beat the last boss :(

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 01, 2014, 02:31:27 PM
i do, and i did get the pendant in the duke's archives but i probably will not anything more until i'm right at the end of the main game

and considering that i have 2/4 lord souls i guess that's not very far away
That's probably for the best.

Though it's worth beating the DLC before fighting Sif for a different cutscene but you can always just see that on Youtube or something.

Samus Aran

oh, well considering i'm literally about to fight sif right now i guess i'll just see said different cutscene on ng+ or something lol

oh and by the way these giant spinning cats in darkroot are fuckin awesome lmao

my favorite enemies in this game are the giant cats, the frog-manta ray things, the skeleton wheels, and the stupid mushroom babies that cry like loons when you kill them

Samus Aran

sif was actually the easiest boss for me yet probably, simply because all of his moves are blockable and most of them can miss from you simply being next to him (or under him, ideally)

only real exception is that move he does where he spins around in a circle for two hits. my stamina and shield stability always enabled me to take that without getting any damage, but a lower stability shield or less stamina would have caused me to take damage for sure

then again, it's very clear when he's about to do this move so it's easy to just back up a bit and evade it entirely.

point is though, if you have the stamina and the shield stability, you will probably not take any damage in this fight lol. i didn't. he has low hp, too. or he's just weak to slashing weapons maybe.

Samus Aran

time for new londo ruins smithicide;

Kalahari Inkantation

iron golem -

time for anor londo and forging quelaag's furysword

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

beat gaping dragon. also bought the sweat from the swamp hobo so i could take more of queelags attacks

Thyme

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 01, 2014, 06:49:53 PM
time for new londo ruins smithicide;
It's much easier to just make a run for the key to the seal and then the seal than deal with all the ghosts.

Thyme

you're still gonna want to explore, kaz
there's cool shit in there
including the ember that lets you upgrade your stuff to +15

Samus Aran

i actually did explore everything up to the point i'm at, i'm next to a fog wall at the bottom not too far from a shortcut to valley of drakes, dunno if it's the boss fog but i guess i'll find out when i walk through it

this place was actually much easier than i thought. and the ghosts drop a ton of transient curses if you're wearing the covetous gold serpent ring, so you'll never run out of them. that's what i was worried about lol.

and the ghosts hardly do any damage to me at this point and die in two hits and have no poise so yeah

def to one's advantage to save all of new londo ruins until you're at a point where the ghosts are no longer doing much damage

Samus Aran

but yea i found that ember, and also a composite bow and a lot of souls. don't remember what else. i've tried to get everything i could.

oh and also the darkwraiths are super weak for npc enemies?? just about any other one i've encountered in the game before this point was much tougher

Go Up