April 27, 2024, 06:33:51 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on January 29, 2014, 12:39:06 PM
I could never get into PvP. It's boring trying to run behind each other endlessly.

I hope it's better in Dark Souls 2.
I made a Giantdad so it's pretty easy and fun lol

PvP in DaS2 looks promising.

Samus Aran

was smashin up some skellies with a divine club in the catacombs last night

gonna play dark souls a ton after work tonight

Kalahari Inkantation

gonna experiment with covenants before making any progress i guess

which ones are generally considered to be the best/most relevant to the lore of the game, i'll focus on the most important for this playthrough

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler=also, on a somewhat related note][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MdOBH-jDc[/youtube][/spoiler]

that vastly improved lighting, omg

Samus Aran

i suggest looking them up (i use the wikidot dark souls wiki just like i used their demon's souls one to look stuff up) and getting an idea of the ones you want to do

def at least do the chaos servant one because it helps you save solaire, although i would save it until right before you want to save him because you need to still be chaos servant +2 WHEN accessing the shortcut that allows you to save him - if you get to +2 and then leave the covenant and then try to access the shortcut, it won't work, and your offerings to the covenant will have been cut in half for leaving it...and since said offerings are humanity, that's a huge pain

so yeah generally speaking, don't leave a covenant until you've milked it for everything it offers because otherwise your offerings for it will get cut in half and you'll lose serious progress

Samus Aran

and at the point you're at, it's probably too late to join the easiest one, way of white, at firelink. the guy seems to stop selling miracles and offering the covenant membership at a certain point in the game (i think it was after i rang the second bell)

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 29, 2014, 04:06:32 PM
and at the point you're at, it's probably too late to join the easiest one, way of white, at firelink. the guy seems to stop selling miracles and offering the covenant membership at a certain point in the game (i think it was after i rang the second bell)

i actually did join way of white at some point lol, probably as soon as i first reached firelink

but since then i've just been comfortably ignoring the covenants

Snowy

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 29, 2014, 03:54:50 PM
gonna experiment with covenants before making any progress i guess

which ones are generally considered to be the best/most relevant to the lore of the game, i'll focus on the most important for this playthrough
Well they all mostly effect what you'll be doing in the multiplayer (at least the good ones will). Do you want to do more co-op or PVP?

Kalahari Inkantation

neither at the moment awdood;

i guess i wouldn't be opposed to assisting as a phantom in the worlds of other players, but i don't really want to invite anyone foreign into mine just yet

Samus Aran

i like the covenants more for the stuff you get from them lol

but yea a couple specifically require you to engage in pvp or co-op in order to progress

well sort of, since you can find sunlight medals and souvenirs of reprisal in the game on your own, just not all that many

Snowy

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 29, 2014, 06:21:01 PM
neither at the moment awdood;

i guess i wouldn't be opposed to assisting as a phantom in the worlds of other players, but i don't really want to invite anyone foreign into mine just yet
You'll want to be in Way of the Light and Warrior of Sunlight because they're co-op based.

Samus Aran

although way of the light (i thought it was white??) has no rewards of any kind so yeah

warrior of sunlight has great offensive miracles as a reward

btw being in these covenants also lowers your chances of being invaded

Snowy

Warriors of Sunlight's miracles are amazing srsly

Kalahari Inkantation

way of light does that for me already lol

but yeah i guess i'll at least try to join warrior of sunlight and chaos servant at the very least

Samus Aran

requirement for joining warriors of sunlight is 25 faith initially, you have to lower it by killing bosses as a summoned phantom in other people's games

lowers by 5 per boss killed as a phantom

Go Up