April 27, 2024, 07:34:45 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Is there an enemy that drops humanity

Samus Aran

rats seem to drop them the most often from what i've seen, but i think most enemies technically can? the item version of humanity, at least

the only way to "absorb" humanity from an enemy (you kill an enemy and there's a sort of dark aura and your humanity number suddenly goes up by one) is if you haven't killed that area's boss yet and that's just as rare as finding item humanities

considering the high number of rats, the depths might be a good farming place for humanity

wear a ring that boosts your item discovery

Kalahari Inkantation

the covenants

now there's a mechanic of this game i've been ignoring since day one

i'm not even quite sure how they work

at this point, i'm much more interested in pursuing decent melee weapons over magic, but i'm certainly not opposed to having more items and options for my offensive/defensive capabilities, so i guess i'll look into how those work tonight lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on January 28, 2014, 03:05:06 PM
Is there an enemy that drops humanity

the rats in the depths have a moderate humanity drop rate, which can be greatly augmented if you have items like the covetous gold serpent ring or the symbol of avarice equipped

drop rate also scales with your humanity stat, maxing out at 10

speaking of which, how much humanity do you guys tend to have on you at any given moment lol

Thyme

Samus Aran

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 28, 2014, 03:50:45 PM
the covenants

at this point, i'm much more interested in pursuing decent melee weapons over magic, but i'm certainly not opposed to having more items and options for my offensive/defensive capabilities, so i guess i'll look into how those work tonight lol

it's only really manageable to do one or two covenants on your first playthrough because of the requirements of getting into some plus the penalties for leaving one too early

unless you've been helping people beat bosses as a phantom, for example, the faith requirement for being a sunlight warrior is really high

way of light or whatever is right at firelink shrine and open to anyone with no requirements and no penalties for leaving

chaos servant is behind quelaag's domain behind an illusory wall and is also open with no requirements, but just make sure you finish giving that covenant thirty humanities before leaving it, otherwise your humanity offering count is reduced by half and that's obviously very annoying

i haven't looked into the other ones really but chaos servant is def worth it for a story reason and for the pyromancies you get

im also pretty interested in trying the darkmoon one at some point, and the forest one too. don't really know about the others but i'll do them all eventually through various ng+ runs

Samus Aran

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 28, 2014, 03:54:18 PM
the rats in the depths have a moderate humanity drop rate, which can be greatly augmented if you have items like the covetous gold serpent ring or the symbol of avarice equipped

drop rate also scales with your humanity stat, maxing out at 10

speaking of which, how much humanity do you guys tend to have on you at any given moment lol

lately it's been 0 because i've been either giving it to the fair lady or kindling or, in the case of fighting ornstein and smough, losing it lol

but while i'm going through a new area i usually end up with 1 or 2 before eventually using it

TooB

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 28, 2014, 03:50:45 PM
the covenants

i just join every covenant and get free stuff.

Samus Aran

well yeah you could do that to get the starting gifts for each covenant plus the trophy for each lol. although i think the stuff you get from joining princess guard is disabled unless you're still in said covenant. not that those spells matter if you're not playing online co-op.

and i think at least one is only accessible upon a certain "evil" decision on the player's part

and those without online (john) won't be able to actually progress in any of the pvp-focused ones :(

Samus Aran

actually i just remembered that you can get a couple souvenirs of reprisal through offline play so i guess you can technically get a good amount of those through a couple playthroughs and thus complete the darkmoon covenant without even actually doing it online like you're supposed to lol

TooB

Yeah, you can farm the crow bitches in the painting world for those.

Samus Aran

yea, i assume they're very rare drops though so you'd be doing it for a while lol

and you get one by invading and killing knight lautrec in anor londo

Thyme

ooh boy, tec in anor londo
can't wait for that one

Kalahari Inkantation

ugh, these games and their rude assumption that i'm going to be playing and replaying them until i've maxed out the plus signs

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on January 28, 2014, 04:25:19 PM
ooh boy, tec in anor londo
can't wait for that one

tec fighting drake and josh tomatoes;

Go Up