June 07, 2024, 01:50:16 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anime you had to FORCE yourself through

Started by Samus Aran, September 11, 2011, 07:45:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alison Goldfrapp on March 11, 2013, 11:47:21 AM
can you recommend any depression anime

like animes that deal with depression?

welcome to the nhk

or did you watch that with us

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Madotsuki on March 11, 2013, 11:50:10 AM
like animes that deal with depression?

welcome to the nhk

or did you watch that with us
yes, i did watch welcome to the nhk with you guys
and i enjoyed it but i haven't been able to find other anime like it
I love [you]

bluaki

March 14, 2013, 08:51:39 AM #47 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:56:33 AM by bluaki
Maybe AnoHana is sorta like what you want? It's not all that focused on depression itself in any way like NHK is, but the main character in particular is initially a depressed recluse because of childhood trauma and gets over it during the series.

or [glow=black,2,300]sayonara zetsubou sensei[/glow] sillydood;

trapeze (kuuchuu buranko) also deals with psychological issues, which I think includes depression in some episode, but it takes a rather silly approach

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on March 14, 2013, 08:51:39 AM
trapeze (kuuchuu buranko) also deals with psychological issues, which I think includes depression in some episode, but it takes a rather silly approach

silly, but creative and ultimately more meaningful than any try-hard moe stuff

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

6M69I69B9

for the most part im annoyed and disinterested into anime like fuck- even if most of the time i somehow get into drawing manga or some shit  >_<'

when i was younger, i forced myself to get into naruto and holy shit those fillers.  but anyway some of big-o was a bit boring in the second season for me.  cowboy bebop with three or four episodes.  samurai champloo with about four episodes.  and i remember watching rizelmine like 8 years ago, i don't know how, but i was on auto pilot with that, just watching every episode with little interest but getting myself through it.  at least i somewhat liked it...  and im trying to force myself through nhk...not as much force, though. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Last MIB on March 20, 2013, 09:57:28 AM
cowboy bebop with three or four episodes.  samurai champloo with about four episodes.

wtf

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Amethyst

Quote from: Fuck on October 28, 2011, 11:19:09 PM
Pani Poni Dash

and
Quote from: Lunchbox on February 12, 2013, 12:46:00 PM
I never finished Hetalia, but I just couldnt watch it anymore than the 20+ eps I already did. I Hate that show.

and Bleach.

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Last MIB on March 20, 2013, 01:54:38 PM
did you actually like every episode they had to offer

bebop, yes. there's no bebop episode i don't like. there's a few i like less than others, but it's a stellar show all around.

with champloo, there is one episode i really don't like. the zombie one. i could understand someone not liking the baseball one and it's definitely one of the worst episodes but i still liked it for how funny it is.

AegisReflector

I think Bebop and Champloo are legendary. I mean, yes, some episodes really sucked (I personally did not like the Bebop episode "Heavy Metal Queen" but eh, it's an acquired taste) but both shows have great writing and meaning. I'd definitely wouldn't skip an episode.

Anyways, not coming up with anything. I generally hate long anime except for all three DB franchises, FMA, and Inuyasha so I don't have high hopes on watching anything like Bleach or Gintama.

Unknown Entity

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

It was pretty awful. Dunno why I continued to the end but I did. There were some parts that made me laugh but it was overall just terrible.

And that ending... Dear God, it made no sense.
Blood is red, bruises are blue. You better hide while I seek, I'm going to kill you~

Go Up