April 27, 2024, 07:48:53 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, August 13, 2011, 09:29:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

August 13, 2011, 09:29:22 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 10:09:08 AM by Snowy

silvertone

Get a squier P bass to start with bro, about 180 dollars.

ikanaide

Mando Pandango

Quote from: ikanaide on August 13, 2011, 09:40:00 PM
wrench;
my bass is 22500

which is around 300 bucks, for reference

Yeah, anything squier is a good bet. I prefer the Jazz to the P, but visit a local music store and try them out. I'd say $200 could get you a pretty good starter set.

My uncle, who's been playing bass since he was a teenager, actually prefers the newer Squier Jazzes to the newer Fender Jazzes. So there you go.

But yeah, don't buy anything without playing around with it a little. You don't need to know what you're doing, just get a feel for it and find something with a tone you like.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ikanaide

Mando Pandango

I would think most people in Japan either play Yamaha or Fender. Yamaha isn't nearly as popular in the U.S. except for percussion and brass.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

I use an epiphone thunderbird because I am literally the worst piece of shit on this planet.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: silvertone on August 13, 2011, 10:14:53 PM
I use an epiphone thunderbird because I am literally the worst piece of shit on this planet.
I've never played one, but from what I understand Thunderbirds are decent if you use a pick.

Anyway, I want to save up for a Jaguar. RUB IT

silvertone

I am awful with a pick, I don't get how everyone can do that.
Thunderbirds got 1 darkish tone to them, which is alright I guess. Jaguars rule, I been wanting a Jazz bass for an eternity now. Basically anything Fender is gold.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: silvertone on August 13, 2011, 10:22:37 PM
Basically anything Fender is gold.
I agree.

I'd also like a Rickenbacker if I can get one on the cheap. They're really nice but overpriced.

silvertone

I think of Rickenbackers as not as good as people are convinced they are, good basses, but just expensive because Paul played them. Same with Hoffner.

silvertone

Prepare for massive blisters on your whole hand for months.  goowan

Mando Pandango

I'm okay with a pick. I prefer not to use it because fingerpicking is more versatile, but it's nice to have all my bases covered.

Quote from: silvertone on August 13, 2011, 10:25:45 PM
I think of Rickenbackers as not as good as people are convinced they are, good basses, but just expensive because Paul played them. Same with Hoffner.
Paul. and Lemmy. and Chris Squire.

Quote from: silvertone on August 13, 2011, 10:28:44 PM
Prepare for massive blisters on your whole hand for months.  goowan
I've only ever gotten three blisters in two years.

ikanaide

Quote from: Man of Popcikle on August 13, 2011, 10:13:25 PM
I would think most people in Japan either play Yamaha or Fender. Yamaha isn't nearly as popular in the U.S. except for percussion and brass.

ibanez and esp too

snoorkel

Go Up