September 28, 2024, 06:02:47 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

sad birds

Started by applesauce, July 20, 2011, 02:29:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

so today I went on like a 3 hour walk, from like 5:30-8:30, and I was down by the 31st street beach and that new harbor and there were several tipped over trash cans that had strewn trash across the beach and the grass above it and there were like 100+ gulls and geese and ducks and random other birds picking through it and eating it and I sat on the end of the breakwater and looked out into infinity and at the dirty water and fog was rolling in and it looked so hazy and it was humid and wet and dirty and I could just barely make out the factories belching in the distance by Calumet, EC, and Gary. And then some people from the park district came and were watering trees. Why were they watering trees when it rained last night and the ground was still wet from it, meanwhile there was trash in piles everywhere being picked through by birds and going into the already dirty water. And when I was leaving I walked past them and they were mostly just standing around. It made me  :( . Poor birds.

YPrrrr

Sounds like the birds were feasting to me confuseddood;

Socks

I feel robbed. You thought much more about this then you let on. Where are the juicy stanzas full of tears and blood? This is just an appetizer, a small edible pile among the multitude of food and waste and trash. I saw a hawk today, slowly circling ahead, tilting its wings. It came around and I made my turn, driving away, across the ground, I lost sight this bird. This poised and magnificent avian. Who was three degrees lower than my own altitude.

Selkie

No one cares about nature. I get called a "tree hugger" when I say I want a more fuel-efficient car when I'm older.

It's sad, really.

FAMY2

I always find Calumet and Gary depressing to start with.  They give off a forlorn vibe. Add wet, foggy and dirty and I'd be sad too.

LOL MY  AVATAR.

silvertone

I like birds. I like the sounds they make, the way they look and their colors and also how they can fly!! I am really scared of heights, but I wanna be a bird and fly sometime.

Tri4se

birds wake up right as i go to bed. i hate them

Daddy

Go Up