April 27, 2024, 03:01:54 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HELP WITH INTERNAL DVD DRIVE

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, July 09, 2011, 02:58:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I INSTALLED THE LG SUPER MULTI DVD WRITER 22x

IT SAYS DRIVERS ARE MISSING OR CORRUGATED CORRUPTED.

WAT DO BOYAH?

applesauce

bluaki

How do you manage to break drivers on an optical drive? They're standard and preinstalled on all OSes

I guess you can try going to XP's Device Manager, find the optical drive in the list, and tell it to reinstall drivers

Quote from: bluaki on July 09, 2011, 03:53:36 PM
How do you manage to break drivers on an optical drive? They're standard and preinstalled on all OSes

I guess you can try going to XP's Device Manager, find the optical drive in the list, and tell it to reinstall drivers
did this like 3 times. didn't do anything.

I put the installation cd in my drive, but it's not reading it. What's up with this? It doesn't read any discs I put in the drive.

That's why I replaced my old drive, because it wouldn't read any cd's.

what now boyah?

also now I don't have sound on my computer. What the fuck.

Is my computer done for boyah?

applesauce

Sound is probably drivers.

Does your computer even recognize that you have the optical drive installed at all?

Quote from: applesauce on July 11, 2011, 10:51:13 PM
Sound is probably drivers.

Does your computer even recognize that you have the optical drive installed at all?
Yeah. It says the new hardware is installed, but "the drivers are either missing or corrupted."

snoorkel

well does it work? If you can read/write at full speed then don't worry about the drivers. For the sound, reinstall drivers for your motherboard (most likely), or sound card if you have one.

Quote from: vziard on July 15, 2011, 03:41:47 PM
well does it work? If you can read/write at full speed then don't worry about the drivers. For the sound, reinstall drivers for your motherboard (most likely), or sound card if you have one.
No, It opens and closes, but it doesn't read or write anything.

also sound is magically back.

Blaze-Senpai

?????

Try rubbing the drive's cable with mayonnaise. It'll help the current move along.
Die for Dethklok

Go Up