May 01, 2024, 06:49:31 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

TV - Currently Watching Thread

Started by Commander Fuckass, July 08, 2011, 11:38:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Kalahari Inkantation

December 19, 2013, 07:46:06 PM #242 Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:49:33 PM by A Fatass Penguin Named Tec
[spoiler]

i though it pretty much on par with the other seasons, which is to say it was great lol

i feel as if at least some of the fan ambivalence about it could be explained by the five-year gap between it and season three, which put many of the actors slightly into the uncanny valley for at least the first few episodes

like seeing portia de rossi's new face for the first time genuinely left me wondering if it was the same actor

it also actually is a tad slow to start, but the pacing picks up pretty quickly[/spoiler]

Wrench

Kalahari Inkantation

Commander Fuckass

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 21, 2013, 01:03:15 AM
started baking bread

befuddlement

christ

this show is expertly crafted to maximize tension to the point where it makes me physically uncomfortable

i find myself pausing to take a breather during apprehensive moments, as if it were a horror film myface;

about in the middle of season two, greatly enjoying it so far

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 25, 2013, 06:02:08 PM
christ

this show is expertly crafted to maximize tension to the point where it makes me physically uncomfortable

i find myself pausing to take a breather during apprehensive moments, as if it were a horror film myface;

about in the middle of season two, greatly enjoying it so far
;)

this guy i work with let me borrow the last season so im like two episodes in

Kalahari Inkantation

so i'm supposed to hate every last one of the characters in this show, right

Commander Fuckass

Hiro

finished Breaking Bad about an hour ago wrench;
[spoiler]ending was pretty much how i called it after watching the 2nd-last episode
really good ending but I wish there was more about what happens with Jessie, poor guy[/spoiler]

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 29, 2013, 09:02:50 PM
so i'm supposed to hate every last one of the characters in this show, right
i guess it kind of depends were you're at in the show

Kalahari Inkantation

lol well

[spoiler=i last finished episode 10 of season 2, in which]

-walter forces alcohol on his son to the point of illness in the midst of a celebration of his improving conditions, as hank looks on bewildered across the table
-jane rudely pretends not to know jessee pinkman upon a surprise visit by her father
-skyler begins to actively and deliberately pursue a closer personal relationship with her scumbag boss, i'm pretty sure i know where that's headed
-walter identifies a rookie meth cook in the middle of a hardware store, and proceeds to nonchalantly instruct him on which materials he should be using and how to minimize any suspicion, as if his second life hasn't gotten him into deep enough shit already[/spoiler]

akudood;

Quote from: H/RO on December 30, 2013, 12:34:00 AM
finished Breaking Bad about an hour ago wrench;
[spoiler]ending was pretty much how i called it after watching the 2nd-last episode
really good ending but I wish there was more about what happens with Jessie, poor guy[/spoiler]
[spoiler]jessie ended up with his freedom, which is more than he had in the entire show. this show is a perfect 10/10. a testament to storytelling and character development.

could you have predicted this from the get go? there is not a legitmate answer. There is not a greater instance of storytelling. There is no greater instance of a character coming full circle. And even though these people, these charcters, end up jaded and scarred, that grey area where the moral compass points in every direction, that never leaves. Never for one instance can you say that Walter or Jesse or Skylar or whoever are unjustified for their actions.Never for one minute. Walter White is the greatest character devised for television, and Breaking Bad is a monument to what storytelling can be.

also how do you expect tec not to click these spoilers.[/spoiler]

Go Up