April 27, 2024, 04:50:06 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How do I hook up 2 moniters

Started by me003, June 21, 2011, 12:05:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

me003

So I have a moniter that I don't use that I want to hook up to my laptop. My laptop has the input for the moniter and the output fits it fine although there's no holes for the screwlocks. It is a VGA connection. I went into the control panel and went to display settings and got stuck.   The moniter that isn't being used says no connection check signal cable. And I'm just not seeing it respond

I'm trying to select the graphics card for the second moniter and I only have one selection so that may be the problem.

wat i do
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

ikanaide

applesauce

If your VGA port is turned off by default, you should have a function button that will turn it on. It is usually F8 or F7. Sometimes it will scroll through a few different options (clone, external only, extended desktop). Pick what you want, and then adjust resolution and relative orientation (usually in 'display settings' but sometimes in a third party program like ATI Catalyst or  Hyrdavision.

me003

Quote from: applesauce on June 22, 2011, 01:07:00 AM
If your VGA port is turned off by default, you should have a function button that will turn it on. It is usually F8 or F7. Sometimes it will scroll through a few different options (clone, external only, extended desktop). Pick what you want, and then adjust resolution and relative orientation (usually in 'display settings' but sometimes in a third party program like ATI Catalyst or  Hyrdavision.
Awesome, will try that.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up