Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I finished gundam origins ix. Lalah is further introduced in addition to the revelation of Newtypes. A volume that focuses more on character development and their relationships with other characters while ever so slightly advancing the story 7/10 texas is cool

silvertone

after months of watching i finished Cyber City Oedo 808.
10/10 best animu

bluaki

So, there was a spinoff Haruhi anime airing this Spring (Disappearance of Nagato Yuki), which just finished yesterday.

It was fairly bad to begin with, but the last episode drove it even deeper: they basically recreated part of Endless Eight's events in the spinoff's setting awdood;

It starts with Kyon watching a baseball game when he gets a call from Haruhi, "Kyon-kun denwa", then they meet in the cafe to make summer plans with Haruhi, going to batting practice and an obon festival

Anyway, to summarize the entire series: It's an alternate universe with no supernatural stuff, loosely based off the Disappearance world. This series's "Nagato Yuki" has romantic tension with Kyon, then midway through she somehow gets a DID-like personality change, which leads to more romantic tension with Kyon. Neither "Yuki" character acts like the Yuki in the real series or the one in Disappearance, but all the other characters act basically the same.

In the scenes where Yuki doesn't matter at all, it's a nice breath of fresh air to see the characters interacting like they would in the real series, actually being entertaining, but as soon as anything happens involving Yuki the series takes a rapid nosedive into terrible romance and/or excessive exposition on a mediocre, shallow plot.

The real Haruhi series does need a third proper season from Kyoto Animation

TooB

I'm sure that most people probably wouldn't agree, but I want them to animate K-on High School and College

Samus Aran

i've been watching Gundam ZZ, which is in the UC and is a direct sequel to Zeta Gundam

it's the black sheep of the UC and most people think that it's a pretty dumb and ultimately pointless entry in the UC, especially considering the complete lack of characters like Amuro and Char. but also, there's a lot more comic relief, but most of it is just simple slapstick and it's just weird. i don't need to see Noa Bright getting his hand stuck in the door to the Argama's bridge. i don't need to see colony citizens bombarding the Argama's crew with oranges. but i don't dislike it, it's just weird and unnecessary.

apparently Tomino did this sort of thing because he (and others) felt that Zeta was too depressing. whatever idk lol

it's a good enough series so far, but it really is pretty dumb sometimes and some of the new antagonists are pretty awful (especially Lady Chara, the Jem and the Holograms reject who goes into orgasmic throes while piloting mobile suits). also Judau is a pretty meh protagonist, Kamille and Amuro were both better.

supposedly this series takes a turn and becomes more like Zeta in the second half. we'll see. i've watched 15 episodes so far.

TooB

ME##

I was going to watch Mangirl until I learnt it was 'Manga Girl'.  Not what I want to watch. 

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Ore Monogatari is really cute, Prison School is a pretty good adaptation but the manga is the way to go (also the anime has horrible censorship but it's ecchi so i expected it)

also i started watching Macross Plus and it rules

silvertone

TooB

Totla

started doing the steins;gate vn
i like it even more than the show
i'll have to start doing more vn's

i watched your lie in april which had some weak moments but overall was pretty good
oregairu was pretty good too
i also watched naruto up to where the filler starts. it was kind of an impulse thing. its kinda average but enjoyable enough

Samus Aran

silvertone

Go Up