Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Samus Aran

Totla

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Totla on July 07, 2014, 09:58:19 PM
kaz which seasons of ghost in the shell are good

watch the original movie, innocence, and both seasons of the tv show stand alone complex. after you've seen s.a.c., you can watch solid state society, which is in the same continuity as the tv series and takes place afterward.

the first movie, innocence, and the s.a.c series are all separate incarnations of the franchise and are not connected. the manga is also pretty much separate, although the original movie is an adaptation of one of its arcs (stylized very differently though). so you don't really need to worry about which you watch first (except for sss coming after sac), but regardless i suggest watching the original film first as it's sort of a landmark film and a pretty important piece of history for anime.

everything above is pretty much equally fantastic except that i wasn't a huge fan of solid state society compared to the rest. it's still pretty great though. i can't vouch for the arise series of movies as i haven't seen them

ncba93ivyase

the first movie is my favorite

i didn't really like the tv series too much and the second movie was okay

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

my only beef with the tv series is that the "stand alone" episodes (basically the "filler" episodes that don't have to do with laughing man or individual eleven) simply aren't as good as the main episodes for the most part...but there are definitely quite a few exceptions and a couple stand alone ones are actually my favorites

and my only beef with the innocence film is that it's a lot harder to follow than anything else in the franchise. or at least it seemed that way to me, but i was running on very little sleep when i watched it so maybe that was why idk

Totla

yeah i've seen the first movie a few times and loved it
i'll rewatch that and then watch the series

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i tried watching ghost in the shell movie three or four times and fell asleep every time

Samus Aran

finished needless

lame but gets okay by the end

6/10

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

i'm indifferent about the original ghost in the shell movie's dub

on the whole it's not bad but motoko's voice actress is pretty dull and lifeless. she's similar in the original japanese but not quite as overtly lifeless.

TooB

More than halfway through my rewatch of k-on s2
Then i shall watch the moovy

Snowy

Apparently P4G is out already.

Time to check that out I guess.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Snowy on July 11, 2014, 07:05:21 AM
Apparently P4G is out already.

Time to check that out I guess.
i can't believe they literally skipped character introductions, but i guess it could be viewed as ng+ essentially.
I love [you]

Go Up