Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

i watched about 4 episodes

basically just going back in time and doing the same thing but in different settings and it just wasn't interesting

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

really though

if you want a good series

take kaiba

drop the ba

and a ji

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

Nyerp

silvertone

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

after putting down the series for awhile. I picked up Gundam Origins Volume 3 today. This volume covers I guess the Rambal Ral arc or something. Starts off with the grandiose funeral of Garma and then ends with the white base getting pinned in the desert. I really can't speak highly enough of these volumes. The coloration of some of the pages (lots of deep oranges and purples) are striking and every character is fleshed out fully. I haven't watched the show since it aired on toonami way back when but i kind of got the impression that the Federation were the good guys and Zeon were the antagonists, and some of that still exists to a point but it's much more gray and you start feeling for characters on both sides.

also Rambal Ral's gundam fuckin' owns.

Samus Aran

yeah the original gundam anime series sort of played with the whole "the zeon are humans too" thing and the war basically being grey rather than black or white, but not to the point that the series afterward did

i think what you're reading is just a better attempt at making the original story as political and fleshed-out as the later anime series were, like zeta

Samus Aran

oh, and i got some anime on dvd recently

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Lupin III series 1 (the original 23 episode series)
Metropolis (film)

TooB

Samus Aran

Nyerp

TooB

silvertone

Go Up