Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on April 13, 2014, 04:28:25 PM
so today i started Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino

it's the second season to the older Gunslinger Girl series, which i saw ages ago. the first season was done by Madhouse and it was a pretty good show. it was nothing spectacular, but it was good. the visuals were nice, i enjoyed the characters, and i liked the episodic format that told solemn, bittersweet stories. it also had a nice balance between action and calmer dialogue scenes.

but this...i don't think i've ever seen such a large drop in quality between two seasons before. this one is not done by Madhouse. it's some no-name studio i've never heard of. the character models are bland and downright ugly at times, the animation is incredibly lazy, and there's not even any OP or ED animations. the OP features live-action stop-motion, and the ed...is a white background with scrolling credits and a small window that replays clips from the episode. what a joke. the music is also incredibly generic and forgettable.

good lord what happened to this poor show

update: just finished this, excluding the two post-season ovas

admittedly, it did get better. about halfway through, the series suddenly started trying to correct itself and act more like the original series did. suddenly there were episodes devoted to well-paced character development, there was an OP animation for the rest of the season, and the animation in general was done better.

still, the whole thing still feels fairly lazy and sloppy and this series both retains the problems of the original and adds its own. while i was comfortable giving the original a solid 7/10 for being simply good (but not great), i can't do that here, and i'll have to go with a 6 here, and perhaps only just barely. it's decent. its story and characters are why it's slightly above average. but in the visual and audio departments, it's average if not downright bad at times.

but you know, this franchise had a rocky premise from the start, and the original series is overrated, so it's not like the second season is some travesty.

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Nyerp

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

it's not a horror show though and nobody says it is lol

thriller sure

[spoiler]i have no desire to watch it myself[/spoiler]

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on April 17, 2014, 07:18:27 PM
it's not a horror show though and nobody says it is lol

thriller sure

[spoiler]i have no desire to watch it myself[/spoiler]
wikipedia says it is
I love [you]

Samus Aran

PLEASEHELP1991

i don't want to verge onto a debate of horror vs thriller, but i'm pretty sure horror is usually an extension of fantasy which mirai nikki is
but it has suspenseful elements too, so it could be considered primarily a thriller too
I love [you]

Nyerp

Totla

Samus Aran

i can't believe the song they chose for the ED of Stardust Crusaders

so cheesy i love it

6M69I69B9

>itunes has it that i played the opening to welcome to the nhk 3,200 times

what
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: TLL7-MIB-7LLT on April 19, 2014, 02:27:54 PM
>itunes has it that i played the opening to welcome to the nhk 3,200 times

what

i love all the OP songs done by ROUND TABLE feat. Nino

but NHK's is the best of them

Go Up