Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

[spoiler=kill la kill spoilers]i'm so glad kill la kill has a relatively straightforward happy ending
that unfinished animation when she absorbs shinra koketsu
rip senketsu[/spoiler]
I love [you]

bluaki

Recently finished:
Kill la Kill
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai Ren
and, like I said a few days ago, Space Brothers

kill la kill is actually pretty good. Though I didn't like it much at first, the later episodes were better.
mikakunin is pretty good
chuu2 second season is worse than the first season, which itself wasn't very good. I'm not sure if it's even better than Kyoukai no Kanata. Kyoani's next series will probably be Tamako Market S2, which doesn't look very promising.

There's 8 more series that I'm watching which will finish soon.

Samus Aran

i thought Kyoani was doing Free S2 next lol

either way Kyoani is so fucking lame these days jesus christ

TooB

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 27, 2014, 10:07:27 PM

kyoani is the k-on person/co right?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on March 27, 2014, 10:15:17 PM

kyoani is the k-on person/co right?

lol, yes. they are the studio responsible for animating k-on. among plenty of other things you've seen, like haruhi, lucky star, air, and kanon.

some of their more recent shows include nichijou, hyouka, chuunibyou, tamako market, free!, and kyoukai no kanata

ncba93ivyase

downloading kill la kill

going to waste saturday watching it

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

bluaki

They announced Tamako Market S2 was in the works back in September, but only just announced working on Free S2 in January, so I'd think Tamako Market will air sooner.

but, then again, it doesn't look like Kyoani is airing anything for Spring and the season after that will be summer, which seems like the right time to show Free S2.

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 27, 2014, 10:19:20 PM
lol, yes. they are the studio responsible for animating k-on. among plenty of other things you've seen, like haruhi, lucky star, air, and kanon.

some of their more recent shows include nichijou, hyouka, chuunibyou, tamako market, free!, and kyoukai no kanata
Nichjou is great, but it's sadly the least likely of these to get another season. iirc even free was actually more enjoyable than most of those other dull recent series.

I wonder if they'll ever do more Haruhi

Snowy

TooB

Samus Aran

and i just finished it

8/10, great show wrench;

honestly it had the potential to be a 9 like Gurren Lagann but i think it struggled to figure out what kind of show it was in its earlier stages and only truly became great in its latter half. though there were some fantastic early ryuuko vs. satsuki moments, too. its pacing is a little lacking and it could have used 26 episodes instead of 24 to wrap things up a little nicer imo.

still a great show though, i'm glad that Trigger's first full series was something so bombastic like this. i'm looking forward to what they can do from here on out.

TooB

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 28, 2014, 11:17:28 AM
and i just finished it

8/10, great show wrench;

honestly it had the potential to be a 9 like Gurren Lagann but i think it struggled to figure out what kind of show it was in its earlier stages and only truly became great in its latter half. though there were some fantastic early ryuuko vs. satsuki moments, too. its pacing is a little lacking and it could have used 26 episodes instead of 24 to wrap things up a little nicer imo.

still a great show though, i'm glad that Trigger's first full series was something so bombastic like this. i'm looking forward to what they can do from here on out.
huh... this is kinda what i was thinking. Im on ep 13 now, and its really getting interesting now.

ncba93ivyase

nonon's voice is probably the worst i've ever heard

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 04:18:03 PM
nonon's voice is probably the worst i've ever heard
kaz is a nonon fan btw
though that is obvious...
I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

i know

and i'm not saying it to aggravate him

it's very annoying

ryuuko's voice is nice a grizzly though which is just what i like in a woman

Samus Aran

part of the reason i love her voice is precisely because it's so dumb lol

i similarly love kuroko shirai's voice in index/railgun, which is very similar in how nasally it is

Go Up