Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from:  link=topic=54068.msg1416132#msg1416132 date=1395433831
Quote from: Will Gregory on March 21, 2014, 11:42:27 AM
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 21, 2014, 12:46:58 AM
i can't believe this show is one episode away from being over

i'm crying cry;
don't forget the +1 OVA
list of all good OVAs for any series ever:
For quite a few series, the OVA specials are practically the same as the rest of the episodes.

but very often they try to do something different, strive to just be bonus content, and essentially fail at being anything more than that

Andria

bluaki

Recently finished: Space Brothers

Less than a week ago, it was very suddenly announced that episode 99 would be the last episode. It seems like the last five minutes of this last episode really rushed through wrapping up the arc, skipping through content that I'd expect to be at least 4-6 episodes.

But, even though they suddenly wrapped up the arc, the series itself is far from wrapped up, considering the current status of the Japanese astronaut brothers who have dreamed of going to the moon together is with one of them being in NASA mission control and the other about to transfer from NASA to Russia.

This is probably a temporary hiatus. Apparently, they're now working on a prequel movie.

When I started this series two years ago, I expected it to be maybe 26 episodes, not 100 akudood;

Samus Aran

i picked watamote back up so i'm watching that slowly

TooB

Actually i am starting it up again tonight.
Rather, im continuing it

Currently on ep 10

Totla

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 23, 2014, 05:31:08 PM
i picked watamote back up so i'm watching that slowly
i stopped watching at episode 7 where [spoiler]she told her cousin about her "boyfriend" and then her cousin goes up to confront him about being with another girl[/spoiler]
it was way too awkward for me to handle >.<

Samus Aran

ive only watched five episodes so far

i'm also slowly working through minami-ke okawari and captain harlock

and reading jojo still of course

Snowy

bluaki

I don't think it's possible to watch any single 5-minute clip of Watamote without cringing.

ncba93ivyase

watamote's so over-exaggerated that it doesn't really bother me

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

it's exaggerated probably to keep it being a comedy but it's certainly true that the awkwardness and loneliness is a little too relatable sometimes

goowan

ncba93ivyase

what separates tomoko from boyagers: she actually has a friend
immersion ruined

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Himu

this guy i'm hella feeling for is making me watch fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood with him and it's not that bad hocuspocus;

Go Up