Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

so like, my portable hdd dcided to crap out on me, an i lost a crapload of anime.
so now, priority oneis to redownload kill la kill.
unless someone knows a way to retrieve files from a hdd that my comp says i need to format.

silvertone

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 11, 2014, 07:39:35 AM
Quote from: silvertone on February 10, 2014, 10:16:44 PM
i was planning on watching that after i finish legend of the the the the galactic heroes

i really want to get into lotgh

but i feel like it's the the type of long show that i can't just casually watch an episode of now and then like i can with other long shows like ranma

so when i do watch it i should have nothing else i particularly feel like watching at the the time cause it will eat up all of my anime time for a long while

QuoteLegend of the Galactic Heroes is re-animated finally to about 20 the first time in years. Once again, I wonder want to do also Izeruron diary of Julian.

http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51977279.html
might want to wait until they do that !! 

Totla

TooB

Quote from: Totla on February 18, 2014, 01:53:04 PM
on episode 2 of Lain
wat
thats what i said....
also, started jojo, and watched 3 eps.

pretty cool

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

started Bubblegum Crisis as well and it's 80s as hecky

basically anime Blade Runner, it's quite good so far

PLEASEHELP1991

Kill la Kill episode 19
[spoiler=worst plot twist ever]dr kiryuin underwent plastic surgery and rapid soap opera aging to become dr matoi!!![/spoiler]
I love [you]

TooB

On ep 8 of jojo

This show is amazing, but so silly.

The names are the best part,
Dio, Robert E.O. Speedwagon, tonpetty, Dire, Straizo...
God... im assuming jojos character is also a reference, but i cant place it

Samus Aran

"jojo" is a character in a beatles song but other than that i don't think there's any particular reference

but the mangaka for jojo's bizarre adventure very commonly applies names of bands or songs to characters for no particular reason so i wouldn't be surprised if that's where he got the idea to make his main characters all named "jojo" (for short)

and trust me there are dozens more music references in later arcs lol, especially with regard to the Stands once they come into the picture

which we'll see the first of pretty soon, as arc 3 Stardust Crusaders anime should start in the upcoming season

Samus Aran

actually, i have no idea why i haven't started reading the jojo manga yet because i have tons of volumes downloaded already and i finished punpun so i should really get going on jojo

silvertone

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 20, 2014, 12:04:29 PM

is it like the book blade runner or is it like the movie blade runner or is it like the book that blade runner is based off of or is like the blade runner screenplay that william s burroughs wrote based on the book calledd blade runner

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on February 20, 2014, 01:25:12 PM

is it like the the book blade runner or is it like the the movie blade runner or is it like the the book that blade runner is based off of or is like the the blade runner screenplay that william s burroughs wrote based on the the book calledd blade runner

it's got more to do with taking inspiration from the movie than the book, at least.

Nyerp

Quote from: Will Gregory on February 20, 2014, 12:30:37 PM
Kill la Kill episode 19
[spoiler=worst plot twist ever]dr kiryuin underwent plastic surgery and rapid soap opera aging to become dr matoi!!![/spoiler]

[spoiler]i don't think he actually aged but yeah they could've done that better than "uhh he somehow changed his face and cracked his body until he looked old"[/spoiler]
[spoiler]makoXgamagoori 4ever[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

[spoiler]on the other hand, it does fit with the spirit of the series that he can just inexplicably alter his posture by cracking his back lol[/spoiler]
[spoiler]nudist nonon is so fuckin cute[/spoiler]

ncba93ivyase

lmao bubblegum crisis is in no way comparable. It's shallow and fairly uninteresting and just not that good

Watch cyber city oedo sometime

Also, almost done with Jojo. Glad I stuck with it because it actually got pretty good

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up