April 27, 2024, 02:01:20 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Samus Aran

lmao gj

but yeah commie is a bunch of dickwads sometimes and this series is a prime example.

speaking of monogatari, episode 14 came out tonight

TooB

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 05, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
you really want to watch a bakemono recap that bad? goowan

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=monogatari+series+11

the second two, not the commie one, seem to be the only available english versions of the recap
i like to watch a series complete, even if recap. It makes mefeel better

Snowy

I'll make tonight or tomorrow an anime night. I'll catch up on Watamote and Monogatari.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

October 06, 2013, 02:39:00 PM #1370 Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:46:14 PM by N o t S i d
i recently ordered two volumes of manga. The second volume of that rad Gundam Origins thing and this one manga (whose name I forget) that is about these spirals or something that take over a village

edit: ok cool i checked amazon it's called uzumaki

Totla

who's sub of monogatari s2 should i watch

also i watched the first episode of kill and it looks pretty cool

TooB

Totla

are they [spoiler]horrible?[/spoiler]

because it looks like its either hs or commie and f commie for real

Samus Aran

they're better than commie's

commie's monogatari has had some stilted wording, typos, and they're being dickbags about their episode numbering.

pretty much the only major choice differences though in subbing style has been that commie chose to keep black hanekawa's nya-speak, while hs didn't bother. on the other hand, in the same arc, the tiger has a particular way of speaking and commie completely dropped the ball on him.

all in all HS has been doing a better job

Snowy

Quote from: Totla on October 08, 2013, 05:10:15 PM
who's sub of monogatari s2 should i watch

also i watched the first episode of kill and it looks pretty cool
I'm doing horriblesubs

Also Kill la Kill is great so far

ME##

i watched the last few episodes of kino no tabi this morning.  but i was in sort of a sleepy state so i should probably rewatch them

Samus Aran

i love kino

did you enjoy it

btw there are three additional episodes, two of which are more or less just like the show (one of these was done much later by shaft with a more modern and worse art style though), and the other of which is about kino's time with her master, who taught her how to shoot and stuff

ME##

yes.  it's very good. 

the third episode you mentioned sounds a lot more interesting, i'd probably just watch that and ignore the other two

Samus Aran

Go Up