March 28, 2024, 05:44:58 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Last MIB on September 29, 2013, 08:11:16 PM
good taste is actually liking it?

lol ya ok

well i mean it's an acclaimed series for a reason lol

almost everything you wrote in your review is honestly really weird things to get mad about or even notice all that much and it's kind of weird and almost obsessive that you hated such minor things to that extreme of a level (i mean, 2/10, that's pretty terrible)

also lol bringing up rozen maiden, a genuinely generic and overly "anime-ish" show, when talking about something like haibane renmei, a breath of fresh air in the world of slice of life animes.

TooB

Samus Aran

7 is a legitimately "good" score though so there's not really anything weird about that

i wouldn't really be surprised if someone disliked madoka enough to give it a mediocre score

but for a show like haibane renmei it almost seems like.........heresy

Snowy

I'm two weeks behind on Monogatari and Attack on Titan oh no :(

6M69I69B9

September 29, 2013, 10:11:22 PM #1354 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:36:51 PM by The Last MIB
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on September 29, 2013, 08:43:58 PM
well i mean it's an acclaimed series for a reason lol

almost everything you wrote in your review is honestly really weird things to get mad about or even notice all that much and it's kind of weird and almost obsessive that you hated such minor things to that extreme of a level (i mean, 2/10, that's pretty terrible)

also lol bringing up rozen maiden, a genuinely generic and overly "anime-ish" show, when talking about something like haibane renmei, a breath of fresh air in the world of slice of life animes.

(Collection of pictures since I shouldn't stop 404ing when trying to post this.)

[spoiler=Example: (Includes spoilers from the anime.)][/spoiler]

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

this season's gonna be good

gotta watch kill la kill and the new kyoani tonight

Samus Aran

holy shiiiiit kill la kill

definitely more or less what i expected from trigger though. i mean sometimes the budget shows, there are some moments where the animation is weirdly stiff and the hyper stylization sometimes gets slightly in the way of being able to tell what exactly is going on BUT it looks fucking awesome regardless and this is going to be a very good show probably. the only thing it's really missing so far is a kickass ost like gurren lagann had. didn't really notice any standout music.

Samus Aran

silvertone

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 04, 2013, 12:34:03 AM
holy shiiiiit kill la kill

definitely more or less what i expected from trigger though. i mean sometimes the budget shows, there are some moments where the animation is weirdly stiff and the hyper stylization sometimes gets slightly in the way of being able to tell what exactly is going on BUT it looks fucking awesome regardless and this is going to be a very good show probably. the only thing it's really missing so far is a kickass ost like gurren lagann had. didn't really notice any standout music.
this show looks cool. 

TooB

Samus Aran

because it wasn't subbed because it's a recap of bakemono

actually there are a few no-name groups who did sub it anyway

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Milla Maxwell on October 05, 2013, 04:55:07 PM
yeah i got commies cuz, whatever

no you didn't

commie has been really retarded with this show and decided to pretend the recaps didn't even exist, and fucked up their numbering as a result

so their episode 11 is actually episode 13, as they skipped both recaps but did not number episodes accordingly to said skip

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Milla Maxwell on October 05, 2013, 06:38:33 PM
so is 11 available anywhere?

you really want to watch a bakemono recap that bad? goowan

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&filter=0&term=monogatari+series+11

the second two, not the commie one, seem to be the only available english versions of the recap

Go Up