April 28, 2024, 12:21:24 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Osama Bin Laden - DEAD

Started by Dullahan, May 01, 2011, 08:09:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: YPR on May 01, 2011, 08:36:11 PM
It's just rather 'meh'
yeah exactly, me too.

Quote from: Cookie on May 01, 2011, 08:12:37 PM
I don't understand people flipping out on Facebook about it.
I'm not flipping out about it, but I don't understand how you can't understand why anyone would make a big deal about it. And it's facebook, people will post about anything regardless of its importance.

Quote from: _you_ on May 01, 2011, 08:19:23 PM
Why are they taking up air time to report on this? I could just find out online akudood;
can't the same be said about any other news story? akudood;

Quote from: Soycho on May 01, 2011, 08:29:39 PM
We are still in Afghanistan and Iraq, we still have other big issues to worry about.
Well no shit, nobody's saying the wars are over.
The point of the story is that we've been looking for him for a long time, and now we've found him and he's dead.
Just calm down, echo.  :3

Bushy

Quote from: Soycho on May 01, 2011, 08:34:20 PM
Because.

You're celebrating the death of someone just like we are shown that members of Al Queda and the like are shown to celebrate the death of Americans.

There is outrage if someone in a middle eastern country praises them for 9/11 or something like that. Why shouldn't the same outrage be turned back?

I seriously don't care what he did, celebrating death in itself is wrong. For a patriotic reason doesn't make it cool. It is still stupid.
I realize you have no sympathy towards him. That's cool. BI understand you have a moral problem with celebrating death. Still cool.

However, celebrating death in a patriotic light should at least MAKE SENSE. To you?

@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Andria

Quote from: Rambosnake on May 01, 2011, 08:41:55 PM

However, celebrating death in a patriotic light should at least MAKE SENSE. To you?

If by make sense you mean I think that patriotism makes people do stupid things then sure?

I frankly don't think patriotism should effect your thought processes on something like this.

musica.cards

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 01, 2011, 08:36:59 PM
What is the point of making Hitler or Saddam a sympathetic character?

Irrelevant. Sympathy was never expressed.

"A THREAT TO MY LIVELIHOOD AND SAFE WAY OF LIVING IS GONE? THANK YOU AMERICA",

The threat is not gone, as Al Qaeda still exists. Prove me wrong.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

What is the point of making Hitler or Saddam a sympathetic character?It'll be in the papers.

And I'm sure it's less of "FUCK YES A MAN IS DEAD" and more "A THREAT TO MY LIVELIHOOD AND SAFE WAY OF LIVING IS GONE? THANK YOU AMERICA", you all are reading too much into it, why wouldn't you be justified in celebrating, especially if you were apart of the 9/11 disaster which pretty much every one has a "where you were on 9/11" story? It's mildly like after WW2, all those pictures of people celebrating in the streets and stuff, completely ok. I know I'm wearing Red/White/Blue to support my country tomorrow.

I doubt that. This is the internet after all. Most people are probably just celebrating because all their friends are and they're just going along with the crowd.

Sure there may be those that were directly affected by 9/11 in that they were in or very near to one of the attacks or they lost family or friends, and they may be celebrating for a different reason. But most everybody else who's celebrating? I really doubt it.

Andria

Quote from: _you_ on May 01, 2011, 08:44:07 PM
The threat is not gone, as Al Qaeda still exists. Prove me wrong.

The threat isn't gone, and we've spent the past years just breeding generations of children who lost a family member because of "collateral damage"

so they will have plenty to recruit from

musica.cards

[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

KonohaShinobi

I don't get how yall can be like,"lol oh well doesnt matter if he's dead" he was the Al Qaeda leader, it's founder, Al Qaeda responsible for torment EVERYWHERE to THOUSANDS, including you know that big event that happened on September 11th 2001? Yeah that happened on American soil, where you live, where your families live, and they had bigger plans. Now their leader is dead, its only a matter of time for the dominoes to topple. Of course this isnt going to happen over night, but it's happening, be happy, no reason to be so melancholic like this is a waste of time, this has been a decade in progress.

Andria

haha hahah

you think that killing him is going to topple the organization?

They are basically set up where they don't NEED bin laden....

Cookie

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 01, 2011, 08:47:14 PM
I don't get how yall can be like,"lol oh well doesnt matter if he's dead" he was the Al Qaeda leader, it's founder, Al Qaeda responsible for torment EVERYWHERE to THOUSANDS, including you know that big event that happened on September 11th 2001? Yeah that happened on American soil, where you live, where your families live, and they had bigger plans. Now their leader is dead, its only a matter of time for the dominoes to topple. Of course this isnt going to happen over night, but it's happening, be happy, no reason to be so melancholic like this is a waste of time, this has been a decade in progress.

The leader is only one man of a huge massive organization, and at this point he was boarder line figurehead.

Dullahan

Quote from: Soycho on May 01, 2011, 08:48:10 PM
haha hahah

you think that killing him is going to topple the organization?

They are basically set up where they don't NEED bin laden....
They can easily find another leader.

musica.cards

it's founder

So who's next in the chain of command? Prove to us that Al Qaeda's gone.

I don't get how yall can be like,"lol oh well doesnt matter if he's dead" he was the Al Qaeda leader, it's founder, Al Qaeda responsible for torment EVERYWHERE to THOUSANDS, including you know that big event that happened on September 11th 2001? Yeah that happened on American soil,

How many people died that day, vs. how many were on that flight?

Andria

Quote from: Dullahan on May 01, 2011, 08:49:30 PM
They can easily find another leader.

Yea.

I am sure they have a contingency plan already set up since you know we were spending all that money looking for a single guy.

YPrrrr

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 01, 2011, 08:36:59 PMespecially if you were apart of the 9/11 disaster which pretty much every one has a "where you were on 9/11" story? It's mildly like after WW2, all those pictures of people celebrating in the streets and stuff, completely ok. I know I'm wearing Red/White/Blue to support my country tomorrow.

I don't think everyone has one of these stories, especially if not from the East Coast... I went home and watched it on the news, but I don't think that constitutes a 'story.'

Also there's no one celebrating out in the streets because it's much less relevant than anything like the end of WWII. Honestly for all we know they'll just use him as a martyr to plan some attack in his honor... It's like saying the death of Kim Il-Sung would end the problem of North Korea

Go Up