April 27, 2024, 01:46:57 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wii to Laptop

Started by strongbad, April 04, 2011, 03:05:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

How would I go about doing this? I have a pretty modern laptop ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00352LQZS/ref=pe_53930_16042920_pe_vfe_t2 ) with lots of imputs and outputs and things of that nature.

and by this i mean using my laptop screen as a screen for my wii

Daddy

You need a video capture card ancient and decent graphics card.   There may also be a slight delay so it will probably suck

bluaki

Because the laptop probably does not have direct video input connections, you'd have to run it through a TV tuner (probably USB interface). Though this does give you bonus abilities to record or stream the gameplay, it's very likely to have some latency depending on the device and the computer's speed/usage.

Just search for a USB TV tuner or video capture device. The ones with composite (yellow cord) input tend to be less than $50 (though usually not by much) and let your Wii output interlaced video. Check that you can use its available drivers in Windows 7 x64; the best driver situation is one with explicit mention of compatibility with Windows Media Center as well.

It's probably not what you were expecting to do and it costs more than it should, but that's the only option with a laptop.

Go Up