May 18, 2024, 11:28:24 AM

1,531,627 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ANIME STREAM: On Hiatus

Started by Samus Aran, January 23, 2011, 04:35:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

?

Canaan (13)
1 (3.1%)
BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (26)
0 (0%)
Elfen Lied (13)
1 (3.1%)
Ergo Proxy (23)
1 (3.1%)
Samurai Champloo (26)
2 (6.3%)
Shoujo Kakumei Utena (39)
0 (0%)
Mushishi (26)
0 (0%)
Last Exile (26)
0 (0%)
Golden Boy (6)
0 (0%)
Gundam Wing (49)
2 (6.3%)
Wolf's Rain (26)
0 (0%)
Kino's Journey (13)
0 (0%)
Gunslinger Girl (13)
0 (0%)
Kamisama no Memochou (12)
0 (0%)
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (24)
0 (0%)
Clannad (23)
2 (6.3%)
Blue Gender (26)
0 (0%)
Fullmetal Alchemist (51)
1 (3.1%)
Lucky Star (24)
2 (6.3%)
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (12)
2 (6.3%)
Full Metal Panic! (24)
1 (3.1%)
Darker than Black Gaiden/Season 2 (16)
0 (0%)
Saikano (13)
0 (0%)
Gosick (24)
0 (0%)
Nichijou (26)
1 (3.1%)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (13)
0 (0%)
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (13)
2 (6.3%)
Black Lagoon (12)
0 (0%)
Escaflowne (26)
0 (0%)
Blue Submarine No. 6 (4)
0 (0%)
Eureka Seven (50)
0 (0%)
Michiko to Hatchin (22)
0 (0%)
Dennou Coil (26)
0 (0%)
Bokurano (24)
0 (0%)
Noir (26)
1 (3.1%)
Kuragehime (11)
0 (0%)
Spice and Wolf (13)
1 (3.1%)
Birdy the Mighty Decode (13)
0 (0%)
Texhnolyze (22)
0 (0%)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
2 (6.3%)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (13)
2 (6.3%)
Ouran High School Host Club (26)
1 (3.1%)
Tiger and Bunny (25)
1 (3.1%)
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (26)
0 (0%)
RahXephon (26)
0 (0%)
Alien Nine (4)
0 (0%)
Genshiken (12)
0 (0%)
Ghost Hound (22)
0 (0%)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (26)
0 (0%)
xxxHOLIC (24)
3 (9.4%)
Kemonozume (13)
0 (0%)
Martian Successor Nadesico (26)
0 (0%)
Paradise Kiss (12)
1 (3.1%)
Real Drive (26)
0 (0%)
School Rumble (26)
0 (0%)
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin (13)
0 (0%)
Seitokai Yakuindomo (13)
0 (0%)
Shadow Star Narutaru (13)
0 (0%)
Shiki (22)
0 (0%)
Toradora! (25)
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: June 29, 2013, 01:07:50 PM

Go Down

silvertone

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sakamoto on October 29, 2011, 04:26:55 PM
broadcast order or get fucked

actually can we just cut out the second season altogether i mean really

no, i think that the non-endless eight episodes are pretty important, especially if we're also going to watch disappearance which should also be mandatory because it's so good

but yeah we COULD do airing order with the original 14 eps and fit in the other six somewhere, not sure where though

i definitely do prefer airing order for that first season, the show was more or less made to be watched that way i think

Andria

let's just watch endless 8 as well  akudood;

[spoiler]i don't wanna watch haruhi [/spoiler]

Samus Aran

if we include endless eight i refuse to stream more than three episodes of it akudood;

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on October 29, 2011, 04:45:46 PM
i definitely do prefer airing order for that first season, the show was more or less made to be watched that way i think
I saw it both ways and I strongly disagree awdood;

The DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other airings after the original all use a mostly-chronological order. Many of the multi-episode arcs end the episodes abruptly in a way that makes the viewer expect to see it continue in the episode, then broadcast order shows something completely unrelated the next episode, like the ends of Melancholy 2 (middle of a conversation) and Remote Island Syndrome 1. Kyon's narration occasionally compares to or references past events from an episode that is later in the broadcast order, without explanation as if expecting the viewer to be familiar with it. I think a few characters are, in broadcast order, shown repeatedly to the viewer in several episodes before being introduced as if you shouldn't know who they are yet.

But I don't remember a single detail, outside the next episode previews of course, hinting even vaguely that the episodes weren't created to be in chronological order then scrambled at a whim just before broadcast.

Also I think it's worth it to watch at least one, maybe two, episodes of endless eight. More is only worth it if we like torturing ourselves in streams, which might be the case considering Hard Ticket To Hawaii.

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on October 29, 2011, 05:58:19 PM
I saw it both ways and I strongly disagree awdood;

The DVDs, Blu-Rays, and other airings after the original all use a mostly-chronological order. Many of the multi-episode arcs end the episodes abruptly in a way that makes the viewer expect to see it continue in the episode, then broadcast order shows something completely unrelated the next episode, like the ends of Melancholy 2 (middle of a conversation) and Remote Island Syndrome 1. Kyon's narration occasionally compares to or references past events from an episode that is later in the broadcast order, without explanation as if expecting the viewer to be familiar with it. I think a few characters are, in broadcast order, shown repeatedly to the viewer in several episodes before being introduced as if you shouldn't know who they are yet.

But I don't remember a single detail, outside the next episode previews of course, hinting even vaguely that the episodes weren't created to be in chronological order then scrambled at a whim just before broadcast.

Also I think it's worth it to watch at least one, maybe two, episodes of endless eight. More is only worth it if we like torturing ourselves in streams, which might be the case considering Hard Ticket To Hawaii.

okay, that's true. i guess i was more or less thinking of specific scenes that sort of work better where they're placed for broadcast order.

for example, when haruhi is formally "introduced" as she turns around in a close-up at the end of episode 0

the most striking example, though, is that i find melancholy episode 6 to be the perfect ending because it's where kyon and haruhi's relationship sort of "peaks"

btw, it's obvious that the creators intended for some confusion to be present, given the nature of haruhi's unpredictable abilities and the strange subject matter the show is made up of, so it makes sense for the order to be scattered and for kyon to reference things that only become clear to the viewer later on

you're kind of trying to make too much logical sense out of a show that thrives on illogical things

either way, i don't mind watching it chronologically

ME##

i'll sell my vote for haruhi [and soul] if kaz rigs it so trigum wins

Samus Aran

if it's any consolation to you, david, i did vote for trigun.

either way no i'm not rigging it sorry lol

ME##

Quote from: Kaz on October 29, 2011, 06:13:13 PM
if it's any consolation to you, david, i did vote for trigun.

either way no i'm not rigging it sorry lol

i know, i can see who voted for what now lol :(

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

if there is no more dissent, i will go with chronological order for haruhi

Nyerp

but there IS more dissent madood;

>mfw you get the best arc of the show out of the way first thing

Samus Aran

Andria

Go Up