June 16, 2024, 12:20:48 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hank

Started by snoorkel, December 18, 2010, 08:40:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

I've always rejected country music as worthless shit with unbearably recycled themes. then Clare introduced me to Hank III (grandson of Hank Williams) whom I'd never heard, actually very good in the 'psychobilly' genre:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GP3-jHZF2Q[/youtube]

the road trip through west virginia and my consequent fascination with it probably helps. anyway I'd recommend Hank III and who else like old Hank for folky ? We will not mention Hank Jr because he's a piece of shit

the shortest route to the sea

December 19, 2010, 12:31:51 AM #1 Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:37:21 AM by Sheets are Swaying
Confused for a second with Hank, whose "Luck of the Singers" from last year people seem to like I dunno

Also, is this the most appropriate thread currently existing to mourn Captain Beefheart's death?

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Nyerp

Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on December 19, 2010, 12:31:51 AM
Confused for a second with Hank, whose "Luck of the Singers" from last year people seem to like I dunno

Also, is this the most appropriate thread currently existing to mourn Captain Beefheart's death?

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,52583.0.html

how hard was it wow

the shortest route to the sea

December 19, 2010, 12:37:01 AM #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 12:47:38 AM by Sheets are Swaying
difficult! I scrolled down and everything.
now this is even less topical. sorry yo

I'm not used to this, it's awesome! Usually country-styled stuff heaps on the drama in vocals, not here. but that's an Americana thing I guess. The guitar and fiddle sometimes don't mesh well (chord drones vs. melodic blues line), but the backbeat is really strong and let's the tension have its place like a strangely visible orgy you pass on the road. Guy's also very good at guitar.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up