April 27, 2024, 06:13:56 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

iPhone thread? iPhone thread.

Started by KonohaShinobi, November 04, 2010, 11:16:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

So I'm getting an iPhone 3GS in the very near future (first week of December) and I am curious if anyone else here has an iPhone.

Do tell, what model it is,what are your favorite apps, and price of the apps if it wasn't free (I am mostly interested in any games, but any other apps would be fine for recommendations).

Would you recommend one getting an iPhone at all?

And for non-iPhone people, planning on ever getting one or why do you not want one?

?????

I would rather have an Android phone. That's because I use Linux mostly and iTunes doesn't have a Linux port.

I have an iPod Touch though, which is basically the same thing. It's pretty great. I would recommend jailbreaking it for some apps that can't be acquired from the App Store (or pirating apps, whatever floats your boat).

As far as apps I'd recommend The Weather Channel, Flashlight, Pandora/Last.fm, IM+ (Lite version is free), and Dictionary (dictionary.com one). You could also get some games if you want. Some games I like are Trenches, Heavy Mach (the first one), Zombie Attack (or Zombies, idk), and iFighter.

By the way I think you can install emulators if you jailbreak it.
Die for Dethklok

snoorkel

I have an iPhone 4, it's mostly perfect and cured all the problems of my old 3G. Multitasking is quick and lag-free, the phone keeps up with me almost 100% of the time flipping between Safari tabs, email, and even camera/video. Battery life is incredibly long (compared to my 3G) and the screen is beautiful as advertised. The only apps I use are for money management (PayPal, banks), Shazam, eBay, and some stuff integrated with my VPS sites. I'm grandfathered in to the original iPhone data plan (unlimited) so I win

Only complaint is AT&T/the antenna thing (not an issue on 3GS, if it's even real) -- not sure if AT&T is just getting shittier or you actually can hold the phone so as to block the signal, but I get drops and periods of cutting out in calls more frequently than before.

cookieboy17

I used to have the original but that broke in July so I got the new one for $100 off since I had my old one for more than 2 years (they don't know its broken though) so now I got the iPhone 4, its some pretty cool stuff. I'm just glad I can use the 3G.

And I got a free case and never really had any antenna problems that I know of. Then again I don't know much when it comes  to tech stuff.

?????

Quote from: cookieboy17 on December 14, 2010, 02:26:55 AM
And I got a free case and never really had any antenna problems that I know of. Then again I don't know much when it comes  to tech stuff.

If you put your hand over the lower-left corner without a case your bars will drop.
Die for Dethklok

Travis

HuntMac

I've been waiting for that. I wasn't eagerly waiting for it to come out, but I've always been hearing every year (since 2007 or something) that it was coming over to Verizon, so I never made the carrier switch. But now, I suppose I can hold the full wonder of the iPhone, rather than bumming off WiFi on the iTouch  n_u

mariofreak

Apps you need:
The Weather Channel
Simplenote (100000x better than built in notes app)
Facebook
Twitter
ESPN ScoreCenter (if you like sports, quick scores you can check up on)
Netflix (who doesn't have/use netflix? seriously)
Calcbot (best calculator)
Ninjawords (best dictionary)
Logmein (best remote computer access app)
GroupMe (start FREE text chatrooms, with people who don't have iphones. works within texting, no extra charges. ridiculous that its free honestly)
Meebo (best free IM)
Camera+ (hands down the BEST camera app)
Hipstamatic
Some sort of mirror app (iphone 4 only)
ConvertBot (best convertor)
Remote (remotely control your itunes from your phone)
Skype (if you're into that)

Games wise:
Plants vs Zombies
Infinity Blade
Final Fantasy I & II
Doodle God
Tetris
Cut the Rope
Falldown
FS5 Hockey (awesome free multiplayer game with 1 iphone)
Stardunk
Baseball Superstars 11

cookieboy17

The weather channel? It comes with a free weather thing why would you need the weather channel? :P

?????

Quote from: cookieboy17 on February 05, 2011, 11:00:03 PM
The weather channel? It comes with a free weather thing why would you need the weather channel? :P
Because the weather channel app is better than the weather apps that's included.
Die for Dethklok

NOA_Haunted

I love Apple, but when it comes to phones I'm going to stay with Android all the way.

Daddy

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on March 10, 2011, 04:15:25 AM
I love Apple, but when it comes to phones I'm going to stay with Android all the way.
DOUBLE ANDROID ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SKY YEAAAAAAH

I lurv my android too.

Sync

Recently upgraded from a 2G to a 3GS.
Holy fuck I love it so much.

Go Up