September 20, 2024, 01:36:22 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dungeons & Dragons

Started by strongbad, October 20, 2010, 09:20:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Anyone have any experience with DnD? I've always been really interested in it, and I'm starting a campaign with some people I met this Saturday. I just purchased PH1 along with some dice on Amazon and I am ready to fucking do whatever.

ITT DnD

Andria

I played it for a couple years back in middle school

was pretty fun

rdl

i played a screwed up version in elementary school where my friend john always died and was told to go away and me and my best friend always found treasure and dragon eggs.

it was pretty fun

applesauce

Some bros of mine play in our lounge a couple nights a week. I've never played.

Did have the whole 40k phase though.

Hensa

I once pretended to play dnd outside of a quiznos with my group of friends.

We kicked a fire hydrant.

It was a "red troll."

Ehh

Quote from: Strongbob on October 20, 2010, 09:20:50 AM
Anyone have any experience with DnD? I've always been really interested in it, and I'm starting a campaign with some people I met this Saturday. I just purchased PH1 along with some dice on Amazon and I am ready to fucking do whatever.

ITT DnD

YOU SUCK AND ARE SUCH A NERD

<3

strongbad

Zach

October 21, 2010, 11:25:32 PM #7 Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:29:13 PM by Zach
I play every Wednesday. I'm currently in two campaigns with some crossover between participants, so we just alternate which campaign is being played that week based on work schedules and such. Yeah, it's nerdy, but I don't think it approaches the weirdness that the social stigma suggests. But that's just my experience.

Also, 4th Edition is total bullshit and I'm sorry to hear that you're starting off with that. The fact that it took like two or three PhBs to introduce basic classes/races/etc. from 3rd Edition is fucking ridiculous. 4th Edition has an extremely streamlined and generic feel, and it was basically designed to be like a video game. It's more or less a table-top version of an MMO.

Needless to say, I still play with 3.5 rules.

snoorkel

I've never been into it but the inappropriate comparison often drawn between D&D and 40k definitely comes out in favor of tabletop wargames

Go Up