so yeah, older consoles on an hdtv: invest in component/s-video?

Started by Samus Aran, September 29, 2010, 04:23:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

sometimes, it's not noticeable that older consoles look shitty on hdtvs, but sometimes it is. i immediately noticed, upon trying out my new ps2 today, that it's quite blurry. this is partially because of the tv's widescreen nature, but also because it's just not made for hd. i'm using the composite cables it came with, currently.

so, i guess my question's mainly about the ps2 here...anyone here tried using component or s-video cables instead? are they any better on your typical widescreen hd?

ME##

If you get the component cables you can use it with the PS3 since they have the same port in the back.  So I would go with them since you'd actually want to use your PS3 in its HD settings and not in 480p*. girl;

*Assuming you actually want to get a PS3.

Samus Aran

well i do want to get one, but that probably won't happen any time in the near future

C.Mongler

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on September 29, 2010, 05:00:58 AM
If you get the component cables you can use it with the PS3 since they have the same port in the back.  So I would go with them since you'd actually want to use your PS3 in its HD settings and not in 480p*. girl;

*Assuming you actually want to get a PS3.

wait wait, i have a ps3 but I use an HDMI cable, but the compenent cables that mother fucker came with I can plug into my ps2?

ME##

Quote from: C Mongler on September 29, 2010, 05:40:37 AM
wait wait, i have a ps3 but I use an HDMI cable, but the compenent cables that mother fucker came with I can plug into my ps2?

yes befuddlement

Go Up