June 02, 2024, 05:10:34 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

3DS RELEASE DATE AND PRICE

Started by Hiro, September 28, 2010, 06:23:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrench

Quote from: Pam on January 22, 2011, 10:02:44 PM
http://kotaku.com/5740777/gamestop-listings-peg-3ds-titles-at-40-to-50-in-us

Ocarina of Time comes out on June 2, and all "launch window" games are $40 except for two (that nobody cares about) at $50. goowan

are you f'ing kidding me?

ranch will never get a 3DS at this rate :'(

Nyerp

Quote from: steal on January 23, 2011, 07:43:40 AM
... where the fuck were you shopping? I got a shrink wrapped, brand new copy of that game at the flea market for 10 dollars a few years ago.  doodthing;

amazon.com, it was the cheapest one they had n_n

also, like i was going to go search flea markets for a single game? yeah, no

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on January 23, 2011, 07:43:40 AM
... where the fuck were you shopping? I got a shrink wrapped, brand new copy of that game at the flea market for 10 dollars a few years ago.  doodthing;

you don't know? ffvii is an expensive game just about everywhere. you were lucky. mine was $60.

Nyerp

also this was before those faggots put it on psn :|

Classic

I'll admit at first I was a tad worried about the PSP2 when it came to sales but now that I've seen Sony's funeral handheld, I have no doubt that once again Nintendo will dominate this market. sillydood;

ME##

Both handhelds will struggle with sales after the post-launch hype is exhausted.  Partially due to price and secondly due to lack of games.

Just look back to any of the recent launches, there's always one decent game that comes out at launch and then there's months of ports and rehashes until developers start really developing for it.

Classic

The way I see it:
Yes, they're both over priced. The 3DS is practically a handheld Wii plus more features than the Wii had. It should be priced more than $250 here, but Nintendo knew that it needed a reasonable price. With what the PSP2 has to offer, there's no way it'll be under a $399 price tag. It's practically a PS3 to go.

That, and the fanbase is larger for Nintendo. goowan

Hiro

Quote from: Tyler on January 28, 2011, 02:44:49 AM
The way I see it:
Yes, they're both over priced. The 3DS is practically a handheld Wii plus more features than the Wii had. It should be priced more than $250 here, but Nintendo knew that it needed a reasonable price. With what the PSP2 has to offer, there's no way it'll be under a $399 price tag. It's practically a PS3 to go.

That, and the fanbase is larger for Nintendo. goowan
I there's no way it will cost 399. I'm saying either 299 or 350.

Classic

You're fucking retarded to think it will be only $299-$350 goowan

ME##

Nintendo may have a larger install base for the DS, but how much of it is made up of people with the ability to buy it on their own?  huhdoodame;

And Sony could have one terrible card up its sleeve that it doesn't want to mention yet:  [spoiler]Having wireless carries willing to sell it at a subsidy so they can charge consumers who buy it absurd data rates.  It may seem crazy, but it could be a potentially large market for companies brave enough to take Sony up on its offer of a 3G-capable handheld. [/spoiler]

Classic

Does it really matter though? Most parents will buy it for their children.
And while the price of the PSP2 hasn't been announced, I can tell you parents will go for Nintendo because it's cheaper.

Hiro

Quote from: Tyler on January 28, 2011, 02:50:24 AM
You're fucking retarded to think it will be only $299-$350 goowan
I believe everyone also said there's no way the 3ds would cost anything under 300 goowan

Classic

I said $250, fool. goowan

Please tell me how a system that compares to the PS3 will be under $399. goowan

ME##

Parents are such pushovers.  The most I had spent for a console was the $125 for my PS3 as a belated birthday present.  confuseddood;

Hiro

Quote from: Tyler on January 28, 2011, 03:02:56 AM
I said $250, fool. goowan

Please tell me how a system that compares to the PS3 will be under $399. goowan
It isn't really as powerful as a PS3, it just looks like early 360 graphics, and can't pull nearly the same amount of polygons. It is still really powerful though.
I just looked at the specs on it, and I'm sticking by $350.

Go Up