May 20, 2024, 10:37:59 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Minecraft

Started by wawi, September 13, 2010, 05:08:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

I bought this a few weeks ago.

I made a castle too high and now the game crashes when I approach it. I did stupidly build it ontop of the highest mountain though.

I'm in the progress of re-creating Masyaf from Assassin's Creed I with a few friends though, will post when we're done, so far we only have half of the castle/fortress done and the land.

Andria

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2010, 03:39:34 PM
srsly anyone know of a way to fix the lag on the mac, its so terribad

I would assume you have already tried this, but have you turned the draw distance down? I see my friend play it all the time with no problem on a mac

C.Mongler

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on September 14, 2010, 04:41:43 PM
I would assume you have already tried this, but have you turned the draw distance down? I see my friend play it all the time with no problem on a mac

lol i didnt and that fixed it

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Strongbob on September 14, 2010, 08:17:45 AM
Getting lost is what makes this game so exciting. I've started making small, 3x3x3 huts out of stone and then digging straight down while making ladders until I find something. Most of the time I'll fall into a giant underground cavern and they get so huge that sometimes I'm scrambling to find my way out.

I found a great way to get to bedrock quickly without the need for ladders. You take a 3x3 square and dig one block down around it so you have a column in the middle. It serves as a staircase to get back out so you can easily run your goods to the surface and it takes up no space up top.

C.Mongler

So I decided to dig REALLY deep in search of diamonds, and I found them, but I also got ambushed by 2 creepers and 2 skeleton things. Died. Fuck.

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on September 14, 2010, 07:43:43 PM
So I decided to dig REALLY deep in search of diamonds, and I found them, but I also got ambushed by 2 creepers and 2 skeleton things. Died. Fuck.

I found 4 and then made a diamond pick that i went through in like 20 minutes. So fucking stupid, I should have made the sword

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Yeah, I just started a deep mine inside my mountain base and dug down to bedrock. Started to mine a hallway down there and I heard running water and that zombie cry. So I dug towards it  and came out in this huge lava filled room. It linked up to this massive massive cave system where I found a spider generator. I tried lighting the whole thing up, but ran out of torches only after finally finding my first four diamonds. Tons of iron, gold and redstone too. Plus, I have a pretty easily accessible lava source now.

I'm going down with a bunch of buckets now to grab some. I'm going to use it to light up my mountain hold a little better.

strongbad

Quote from: Fandango on September 14, 2010, 09:05:10 PM
Yeah, I just started a deep mine inside my mountain base and dug down to bedrock. Started to mine a hallway down there and I heard running water and that zombie cry. So I dug towards it  and came out in this huge lava filled room. It linked up to this massive massive cave system where I found a spider generator. I tried lighting the whole thing up, but ran out of torches only after finally finding my first four diamonds. Tons of iron, gold and redstone too. Plus, I have a pretty easily accessible lava source now.

I'm going down with a bunch of buckets now to grab some. I'm going to use it to light up my mountain hold a little better.

The lava physics (as well as water physics i guess) are god awful. I made a lava moat around my castle, and when I put one bucket of lava in, it would fill up one block all the way, and then the surrounding blocks like half way. Took so many god damn trips.

wawi

So I found a lava fall outside but I accidentally deleted the world :(

[hedy]Zidone

September 15, 2010, 07:08:11 PM #24 Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:04:28 PM by ZIDONE
my sad boring little valley

For what it's worth, the FLATLANDS on the right used to be a lake/beach I covered up and then turned into a quarry.

Right behind me is a nasty cobblestone wall:

i've had this game since like march akudood;

strongbad

Quote from: CAPTAIN AMERICA on September 15, 2010, 05:08:22 PM
So I found a lava fall outside but I accidentally deleted the world :(

If you take a bucket of lava, you can place the lava on the side of a cliff and it will stick there and make a waterfall. The liquid physics are so fucked up lol

wawi

Zidone you should make a server so all us boyagers could live in one place :(

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I've been fiddling around with the exterior of my mountain. I decided the modest wooden shack entrance was a bit underwhelming, so I created a glass enclosure and dropped waterfalls around it leaving the doors available for entry.

The exterior re-imagined
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Closer

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Entrace

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Looking out

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Inside with the new lighting system
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Another lava shaft

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I really have been enjoying unwinding at the end of the day with this.

wawi

Also, here is what I have so far. It's bad so just be nice when commenting!
Here is my basic survival shelter:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's based on a floating island. Here is it from the entrance up onto the island. All I did was build the stack of soil and ladders.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Here it is from the other side.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
That's the side I usually see it from because it's where the caves and cliffs are. The other side eventually goes into islands. I like that it is in between the two.
I like the floating island because it has a nice cave inside of it too, although it has barely anything in it. It's also good for directions when I'm wandering giggle;

What do you guys think?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: CAPTAIN AMERICA on September 15, 2010, 08:49:23 PM
Also, here is what I have so far. It's bad so just be nice when commenting!
Here is my basic survival shelter:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's based on a floating island. Here is it from the entrance up onto the island. All I did was build the stack of soil and ladders.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Here it is from the other side.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
That's the side I usually see it from because it's where the caves and cliffs are. The other side eventually goes into islands. I like that it is in between the two.
I like the floating island because it has a nice cave inside of it too, although it has barely anything in it. It's also good for directions when I'm wandering giggle;

What do you guys think?

Cool! The only gripe I have is when people take screens at night. It's often too dark to see properly.

Go Up