May 10, 2024, 09:32:15 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Help me name my videogame site

Started by strongbad, September 06, 2010, 08:25:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Like I mentioned in my other thread, I am starting a gaming site with the sole intention of getting a media badge for PAX 2011.
If any of you guys want to be writers you can submit shit that I will approve along with a couple of my friends who are also helping me out.
But it needs a name first.

I wanted to do something with -squid in it (kind of a tribute to doodthing  cjlubdoods;), like bitsquid, but bitsquid.com/.net were both taken. So yeah something like that and if you can think of a good one I'll send you one of my PAX shirts or one of those containers for Duke Nukem Steroids or something  giggle;

Thyme

Thyme

strongbad

Quote from: Thyme on September 06, 2010, 08:34:11 PM
Of course you do. It would be madness not to. baddood;

videoctopus.com is taken as a placeholder for godaddy and they want like $70 for it;-;
and my friend says it sounds like a video site ;-;

Thyme

fine i'll keep it for myself :'(

goddamn they're all taken

playsquid is a flash games website
squidster is some shitty website company
squidbomb is some jews

Wrench

strongbad

okay they dont have to have squid in them lol

Andria

doodthing's video game wonderland

that one video game site

KonohaShinobi

What sort of writing sample would be acceptable? I wrote this Mafia 2 demo impressions thing (kinda dated since the game is out) that I have sitting around. I always write stuff like that and share it with my friends, might touch it up and send it your way. What's your opinion on profanity? I have a few choice words in it, that I could easily replace if you want to keep your site E rated.

prosquid isn't taken has a nice ring to it.

"kotaku, joystiq, prosquid, IGN, 1up..."
kinda fits.

strongbad

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on September 06, 2010, 08:58:43 PM
doodthing's video game wonderland

that one video game site

too long baddood;

Quote from: Thyme on September 06, 2010, 08:55:30 PM
do it faggot

no baddood;
Quote from: KonohaShinobi on September 06, 2010, 09:01:47 PM
What sort of writing sample would be acceptable? I wrote this Mafia 2 demo impressions thing (kinda dated since the game is out) that I have sitting around. I always write stuff like that and share it with my friends, might touch it up and send it your way. What's your opinion on profanity? I have a few choice words in it, that I could easily replace if you want to keep your site E rated.

Yeah definitely send me anything you want, since honestly we just want as much content as we can get. I'm hoping we can average at least an update a day after a month or so. And it's mostly going to be editorials and commentary on recent vidya news (there are already tons of sites that have the news, so we wouldn't stand out if we just reposted that stuff), so anything that sounds natural and not forced (in terms of profanity) it will be cool.

And I actually really like prosquid, I'll run it by my friends and see what they think.

Commander Fuckass

TRICERA-RAPTOR
GamingRex
GAMERADE
GAMERTUDE
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

wawi

Andria

Go Up