April 26, 2024, 06:19:00 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What would you WANT the afterlife to be?

Started by Selkie, June 17, 2010, 08:56:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Ok, I wanna make this as clear as possible, this is NOT a religious debate, this is a PURELY hypothetical question.

I am making this thread for the purpose of people sharing their very interesting and unique answers to this question:

What would you want the "afterlife" to be, just assuming there would be one.

Personally, I would want to be placed on a serene, beautiful planet, much like Earth, but totally clean and untarnished. And when we get there, we have to search for the one who passed before us that we want to see again the most, and along the way we meet up with all the other people that were in our lives and passed, and they help us find that one person. And when we finally find them we live in the natural world until the universe starts over again, and all our memories are reset.

Daddy

Omniscience and being "one with the universe" (think pantheism's view of god, except that is you). not actually existing but knowing all forever or something to that effect i guess

Bushy

Another life

because immortality actually terrifies me
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Indigo

Happiness beyond what I can imagine and a feeling of weightlessness with all I've ever wanted or needed at my fingertips and interchangeable needs easily fulfilled with no limitations to where I can go. Also, all memories erased from the past life like Judeo-Christianic belief would be nice when you think about it.

Quote from: Khadafi on June 18, 2010, 02:08:01 PM
Omniscience and being "one with the universe" (think pantheism's view of god, except that is you). not actually existing but knowing all forever or something to that effect i guess
Seems like something you would be ambivalent about from time to time.

BlackDS

...I guess im like a hindu because I believe in reincarnation. If you are an asshole, you are turned into an ant; if you are nice, you can be a human again.

But if there was a "heaven", as someone stated before, it would be just an infinite dream, except you could control it, as if reality. You would freed from the limitations of the body, and your mental capabilities would be expanded. Your dreams would become your reality, and you could do whatever you want because nothing comes with any consequences.

In fact, we could be living in our own little dream world right now, which would explain why everyone you see is so selfish.

[move]philip;[/move]

The spy who loves you

A second chance at life  with previous knowledge of your former lives.

??????

To become a deadly ghost so I can scare children and kill people.
My job will never end.  bassir;

Socks

i don't want anything after i end; this hell is already unbearable.

strongbad

Go Up