April 26, 2024, 07:36:05 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Un-Hack The Wii

Started by ?????, June 15, 2010, 11:44:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

So I recently installed the homebrew channel on my Wii. However I don't really have a use for this and would like to update my Wii.

Anybody know how?
Die for Dethklok

Swift

Quote from: TheSequel on June 15, 2010, 11:44:24 AM
So I recently installed the homebrew channel on my Wii. However I don't really have a use for this and would like to update my Wii.

Anybody know how?
You're making a mistake...

But use bannerbomb to uninstall the homebrew channel.  You should be able to update fine through Nintendo after.
after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

Volvagia

>wanting to update the wii

...why? it's fucking pointless.

regardless, just do as swift said.

?????

You guys made me want to not remove the homebrew channel. yay

So what are some great apps (whatever they're called) that I should install? I tried getting my Wii to play DVDs, but the quality sucked. Maybe I did something wrong...
Die for Dethklok

spaceman

Quote from: TheSequel on June 20, 2010, 10:23:53 PM
You guys made me want to not remove the homebrew channel. yay

So what are some great apps (whatever they're called) that I should install? I tried getting my Wii to play DVDs, but the quality sucked. Maybe I did something wrong...

Get virtual console wads and usb loaders and do illegal stuff like the rest of us.

Volvagia

uh ... yknow pirate like us?

wadmanager + any virtual console game = :D

otherwise, backup loaders + dvds etc.

Swift

Wish I had an external drive...
after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

bluaki

Quote from: Swift on June 19, 2010, 09:48:55 AM
But use bannerbomb to uninstall the homebrew channel.  You should be able to update fine through Nintendo after.
Why would you go to that trouble?
Homebrew Channel easily lets itself be removed like any other channel: by just using the Wii Menu's data management. It doesn't make any weird IOS changes or whatever. Some other homebrew might, though. Things like BootMii or DVDx probably have their own uninstallers.

Volvagia

Quote from: bluaki on July 02, 2010, 03:12:52 PM
Why would you go to that trouble?
Homebrew Channel easily lets itself be removed like any other channel: by just using the Wii Menu's data management. It doesn't make any weird IOS changes or whatever. Some other homebrew might, though. Things like BootMii or DVDx probably have their own uninstallers.

Tickets from installing the channel are still present. It's traceable unless done with bannerbomb.

Swift

Quote from: Volvagia on July 02, 2010, 03:16:21 PM
Tickets from installing the channel are still present. It's traceable unless done with bannerbomb.
This.  All the WADs I installed on my Wii I deleted from my sd card.  akudood;

?????

I already removed the channel through data management. Do I have to re-install to uninstall it with bannerbomb? Also will bannerbomb prompt me to uninstall or what?
Die for Dethklok

Go Up