May 03, 2024, 02:12:32 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Started by spaceman, April 30, 2010, 12:56:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I downloaded it yesterday as well, and I prepared my bootable usb drive.
Now I just need my netbook ahh

Lozal

I just updated my distro and it's amazingly sexy.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

bluaki

It's the first linux distro/version that I'm actually using extensively, so I don't have much to compare it to.

I have a couple issues in it of running extremely slower than XP did for equivalent tasks and of occasional complete crashes, but those are likely related to my terrible hardware. I also dislike some of the software choices in it, but heavily using Synaptic fixed that hundreds of packages later.

The use of more purplish and white/grey colors than orange is a nice change in default color scheme. hocuspocus;

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on June 08, 2010, 09:39:53 AM
It's the first linux distro/version that I'm actually using extensively, so I don't have much to compare it to.

I have a couple issues in it of running extremely slower than XP did for equivalent tasks and of occasional complete crashes, but those are likely related to my terrible hardware. I also dislike some of the software choices in it, but heavily using Synaptic fixed that hundreds of packages later.

The use of more purplish and white/grey colors than orange is a nice change in default color scheme. hocuspocus;

The orange and brown of Ubuntu 8.## was awful. myface;

?????

Uh why is everybody talking about the theme so much? It's easy to customize the theme so.. yeah I don't what the big deal is a nice default theme. I haven't used Ubuntu (GNOME), I've install Xubuntu 10.04 though. Works great, gets shit done. Cool.
Die for Dethklok

the shortest route to the sea

Even though it's just a skin, I'm enjoying the netbook remix.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

bluaki

Quote from: TheSequel on June 08, 2010, 03:00:34 PM
Uh why is everybody talking about the theme so much? It's easy to customize the theme so.. yeah I don't what the big deal is a nice default theme. I haven't used Ubuntu (GNOME), I've install Xubuntu 10.04 though. Works great, gets shit done. Cool.
Just about everything can be easily customized, but it's best to have fewer things you have to customize for things to work and look nicely
And so there can exist complaints regarding other things like the replacement of Pidgin with Empathy, exclusion of certain drivers, etc.

?????

Quote from: bluaki on June 11, 2010, 03:20:31 PM
Just about everything can be easily customized, but it's best to have fewer things you have to customize for things to work and look nicely
And so there can exist complaints regarding other things like the replacement of Pidgin with Empathy, exclusion of certain drivers, etc.
I understand Ubuntu is aimed more towards "it just works" people rather than the DIY people.
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

Yo linux guys should i install Ubuntu 10.04 on my netbook or Linux Mint 9
i can't decide lol they are both so awesome (and similar ahhh)

?????

I think Mint is easier because it already comes with things like flash and mp3 support.
Die for Dethklok

Go Up