May 02, 2024, 01:54:19 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Laptop and wireless connection

Started by KonohaShinobi, May 15, 2010, 11:04:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Okay so I have this new HP mediasmart sexy fucking laptop right? But I noticed that when I have it connected to my wireless router (Linksys WRTG--) my xbox live connection dies. The wireless signals are giving me 3 bars on the 360 but connecting to online games take 100 hours and then playing it is laggy as all hell.

So how do I fix this?

snorkel

see if the router has QoS (probably does) and check that something (eg your laptop) isn't usurping all the bandwidth

setup port forwarding and QoS for your 360 to make sure it gets connected and good speed

KonohaShinobi

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Finally everything is up to speed, and even better! The downloads on the 360 and laptop are 10,000x as fast as before! Man, I would have never though about prioritizing the QoS without you. Thanks a lot, that was getting really annoying.

snorkel

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 16, 2010, 06:20:16 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Finally everything is up to speed, and even better! The downloads on the 360 and laptop are 10,000x as fast as before! Man, I would have never though about prioritizing the QoS without you. Thanks a lot, that was getting really annoying.

hah,
Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 16, 2010, 06:20:16 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

yeah man I got some QoS stories you don't wanna hear

I'll tell you when you're older, seen more of the world

Go Up