May 08, 2024, 06:53:55 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

photo printers

Started by snorkel, December 05, 2009, 05:53:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

I'm finally getting my own photo printer.

I've been using the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II printers in the labs at school for the past few months, and while they make great prints, the Photoshop plugin is slow and annoying as fuck to use (but it's the only way to get the colors to come out right).

I've also used some older Epsons; I really want the R1900 but it's too expensive (need under $350), and the Stylus 1400 seems a bit inferior to the Pro 9000.

Does anyone own a prosumer photo printer (not like a hp photosmart piece of shit or something) or have experience with them?

Cookie

Quote from: wziard on December 05, 2009, 05:53:29 AM
I'm finally getting my own photo printer.

I've been using the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mk II printers in the labs at school for the past few months, and while they make great prints, the Photoshop plugin is slow and annoying as fuck to use (but it's the only way to get the colors to come out right).

I've also used some older Epsons; I really want the R1900 but it's too expensive (need under $350), and the Stylus 1400 seems a bit inferior to the Pro 9000.

Does anyone own a prosumer photo printer (not like a hp photosmart piece of shit or something) or have experience with them?

I don't know if you know this, but the R19000 is like $450 on amazon new now. I would just go ahead and save up an extra $100 and get it, since you already know you would like it.

On somewhat the same note I'm looking for a flat bed scanner that I can scan in 35mm negatives and slides, but also use it to scan other things. Don't know if you have any knowledge on scanners...

snorkel

Quote from: Cookie on December 05, 2009, 09:42:12 AM
I don't know if you know this, but the R19000 is like $450 on amazon new now. I would just go ahead and save up an extra $100 and get it, since you already know you would like it.

On somewhat the same note I'm looking for a flat bed scanner that I can scan in 35mm negatives and slides, but also use it to scan other things. Don't know if you have any knowledge on scanners...

I plan on getting this one, it looks like it can do negatives quite easily: amazon

Go Up