May 08, 2024, 08:29:27 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey guys i got a new case

Started by LCK, November 27, 2009, 06:07:34 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

nzxt rogue

it's a microatx which is perfect for now
it's heavy as shit though

it's hard to fit everything in it though
it comes with 5 120 mm fans, one with blue led lights, then it's got two blue cathodes at the front of the case
then i've got a 120mm heatsink fan on there too
talk about badass aircooling for a microatx

i got it for free too so yea fucking awesome
[spoiler]

it's got a lock on it too
just to keep fuckers like you out[/spoiler]

Nate

That's awesome, I have a NZXT case too, and it works very well.

But holy shit. 20 pounds with nothing in it? That's insane. Looks like it will fit everything nice though.

?????

Pretty sexy, but I just hide my tower. Spray paint the Decepticons logo on it. =)
Die for Dethklok

LCK

Quote from: TheSequel on November 27, 2009, 10:31:48 AM
Pretty sexy, but I just hide my tower. Spray paint the Decepticons logo on it. =)
That would look so badass if I did that
just right on the front on the door

damn

bluaki

I don't really get the point in having fancy cases, besides appearance. Even that should be able to come without an extra 15lbs or whatever probably high price tag that has.

Maybe it's just that really high-end computers produce way more heat and require way more cooling than I've ever dealt with. Having only my power supply fan, one cpu fan, and the video card's small fan, all my stuff constantly stays cool even when I leave the computer on almost constantly.

Wouldn't somebody who cares that much about cooling likely be using regular ATX instead of microATX, anyways?

?????

You should do it and post pics

yeah why microatx and not atx? Looks nice anyways
Die for Dethklok

LCK

Quote from: bluaki on November 27, 2009, 03:24:52 PM
I don't really get the point in having fancy cases, besides appearance. Even that should be able to come without an extra 15lbs or whatever probably high price tag that has.

Maybe it's just that really high-end computers produce way more heat and require way more cooling than I've ever dealt with. Having only my power supply fan, one cpu fan, and the video card's small fan, all my stuff constantly stays cool even when I leave the computer on almost constantly.

Wouldn't somebody who cares that much about cooling likely be using regular ATX instead of microATX, anyways?
Everyone's got there things. Some people here love playing video games, some love music, and I love doing whatever I can with building my pc. It's like a hobby.
although i do love music too, but yea

But the way I see it, when you build the pc yourself, you want the best performance possible, and you want to be sure that nothing goes wrong with the parts such as overheating, especially after you put forth the effort to assemble it.
Also more than standard cooling is going to be required for most rigs if you want to do a decent job of overclocking like I tend to do. If you think excessive fans are overkill, go check out some water cooled pcs, or maybe dry ice or liquid nitrogen cooled. It's pretty interesting, and mostly for the sake of saying "hey dude i got my i7 to 8000mhz", but all in all it's a hobby.

As for using MicroATX, I got the case free from a friend.
I originally bought a MicroATX board just because it was the cheapest I could find and now I have more than just a stock case to go with it.

Quote from: TheSequel on November 27, 2009, 05:00:18 PM
You should do it and post pics

yeah why microatx and not atx? Looks nice anyways
I'm actually considering it, but if I were to do that I would want to modify it to a greater extent also.

Go Up