May 21, 2024, 06:17:45 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Chrome or Firefox?

Started by Josh, November 14, 2009, 01:25:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

I can't decide between Chrome or Firefox. Yep, I'm a big enough geek to worry about which one to use. Either way, which do you prefer and why?

Hiro

I think Chrome is better, but I like Opera the most  baddood;
Chrome is faster, runs better, and has much better features, while being a more minimal browser than Firefox.

But I like Opera the best  baddood;

strongbad

If you don't care about add-ons, Chrome.

Wrench

Basically what David said. If you want to use cool addons, use Firefox. If you just want speed and a reliable browser, Chrome.

Minus;

Id say Chrome, i used firefox for a long time, and i switched to chrome and its better.

LCK

The only time I ever used Chrome was when it was first released. I loved it, but I always had the problem of tabs crashing. It always pissed me off. I'm sure the bug has been corrected now. Chrome is a fine browser, I've just become accustomed to Firefox.
Just choose one.

Cookie

I use Firefox, just because I always have. It is just a web browser, so I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Minus;

well chrome i just like because its simple and lightweight

hotlikesauce.

I think Chrome is mostly hype and shit. I like Firefox.

Hiro

Quote from: Nathan on November 15, 2009, 10:15:10 AM
I think Firefox is more hype than Chrome  baddood;

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Hïro on November 15, 2009, 10:16:41 AM
I think Firefox is more hype than Chrome  baddood;

Nah. All I've really heard about Google Chrome is "omg big viewing space blue sleek omg big". Firefox is more practical and the extensive add ons list they have is a great plus.

Minus;

well the add ons are a plus i would say, and i don't have the blue sleek shit i have a different theme, and i like the tabbs are so easy and how it has incogneto mode, and that its just quick and bookmarks are easy, other than that i don't need anything more special.
Its like those people who use songbird, i used to use it but its so....heavy and has so much things on it so i rather muine, which is a super simple music player.

strongbad

Quote from: Nathan on November 15, 2009, 10:15:10 AM

Are you retarded? Have you actually used it? Firefox easily has the biggest cult following of any browser, and I'll acknowledge that it is a solid browser with all of it's add-ons, but Chrome is much faster and more stream-lined, especially on slower machines.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: GUOB on November 15, 2009, 11:36:11 AM
Are you retarded? Have you actually used it? Firefox easily has the biggest cult following of any browser, and I'll acknowledge that it is a solid browser with all of it's add-ons, but Chrome is much faster and more stream-lined, especially on slower machines.

Yes, I've used it, and to be honest, it was nothing more than a lightweight makeover. Firefox has way more functionality.

Minus;

Exactly but its functionality makes it slower, heavier, and sometimes unstable.
But its cool i loved firefox when i would use it and still use it for its stumbleupon feature.

Go Up