April 28, 2024, 04:37:04 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Demon's Souls

Started by strongbad, October 18, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

if nyerp can beat this game.....

Nyerp

play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on July 29, 2015, 03:08:41 PM
i was determined to fight him legitimately in my second playthrough after cowering behind a rib cage in my first

i didn't even use the purple flame shield (mostly because i couldn't yet wield it), but he's really not so bad as long as you stay on the move and pay attention to his move telegraphs so that you know when to roll lol (((and really that strategy could apply to pretty much any soul boss)))

honestly i would even say i think he's pretty fun now

he's fine, i just think his design is boring and as far as aggressive bosses go he's actually pretty tame, plus i just hate 2-2 in general so i'm already annoyed by the time i get to him lol

imo dark souls 1 and 2 have way better quick, aggressive bosses. especially when the dlc is included.

and obviously bloodborne because there are tons of bosses like that in that one but i haven't played it so

demon's souls is mostly for cool, weird bosses or interesting gimmicks and really good worldbuilding and atmosphere. its the dark souls games that have all the funnest boss fights to me

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on July 29, 2015, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: Tectron on July 29, 2015, 03:08:41 PM
i was determined to fight him legitimately in my second playthrough after cowering behind a rib cage in my first

i didn't even use the purple flame shield (mostly because i couldn't yet wield it), but he's really not so bad as long as you stay on the move and pay attention to his move telegraphs so that you know when to roll lol (((and really that strategy could apply to pretty much any soul boss)))

honestly i would even say i think he's pretty fun now

he's fine, i just think his design is boring and as far as aggressive bosses go he's actually pretty tame, plus i just hate 2-2 in general so i'm already annoyed by the time i get to him lol

imo dark souls 1 and 2 have way better quick, aggressive bosses. especially when the dlc is included.

and obviously bloodborne because there are tons of bosses like that in that one but i haven't played it so

demon's souls is mostly for cool, weird bosses or interesting gimmicks and really good worldbuilding and atmosphere. its the dark souls games that have all the funnest boss fights to me
lol "funnest"

Samus Aran

TooB

Nyerp

also

shrine of storms = tower of latria > boletarian palace > valley of defilement > stonefang tunnel

i like 2-1 way more than 5-1 but 2-2 has the worst level design in the entire game and 5-2 has this overwhelming feeling to it that isn't found anywhere else

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on July 29, 2015, 04:23:12 PM
also

shrine of storms = tower of latria > boletarian palace > valley of defilement > stonefang tunnel

i like 2-1 way more than 5-1 but 2-2 has the worst level design in the entire game and 5-2 has this overwhelming feeling to it that isn't found anywhere else
pretty well agreed

Thyme

Go Up