May 13, 2024, 07:00:04 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Demon's Souls

Started by strongbad, October 18, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

none of my attacks stunned it tho psyduck;

Snowy

anti-magic field is great but it also disables your magic goowan

Nyerp

holy shit the maneaters :'(

TooB

Did they eat your man?

Nyerp

i fell off the edge lmao

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah, the real boss of that fight is the endless abyss beneath that narrow and unguarded bridge

what a horrible place for a boss lol

use the brazier in the center to your advantage, try to always keep the maneater(s) on the other side, only attack when there's an opening and keep off the rest of the bridge if you can

also, know that if you manage to cut off their tails they can no longer use magic attacks

Nyerp

thanks for the tips. ill definitely try the tail thing

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 12, 2015, 04:19:58 PM
none of my attacks stunned it tho psyduck;

oh. idk then, i guess i just whacked at it and it died before it could counterattack then or smth, i don't even remember

Kalahari Inkantation

flame weapons are especially effective against mindflayers, they flail wildly for a few seconds after being hit leaving them completely open to subsequent attacks

i would always take my trusty flame long sword with me to world 3, they simply can't retaliate after the one hit it takes to trap them in a fatal stun lock

Nyerp

yeah that sword makes those guys trivial lmao

ALSO I BEAT THE MANEATERS!!!! [glow=black,2,300]with the help of 16 half moon grasses[/glow] sillydood;

beating them got me pure white world tendency. thank god for the wiki or else i'd never know how to take advantage of it!!!

silvertone

i wanna live in a white world...

Thyme

well at least you didn't use the lame thymemethod of shooting the first maneater through the fog door sillydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

that was also my method in my first playthrough sillydood;

Remember to kill yourself to maintain that tendency! nyandood;

though i think once you've activated the tendency event in world 3 it remains permanently unlocked even if your tendency should fall

Nyerp

my "method" was being lucky enough that the second maneater completely forgot about me when i ran to the brazier and i was able to finish off the first one before fighting it n_u i think the thief's ring caused it

Samus Aran

yeah if one gets far enough away while you have the thief's ring on, it can de-aggro. there's a couple bosses throughout the souls franchise who can do that because of the sheer size of their boss rooms.

the last time i fought them, i actually just fought the first maneater right next to the entry fog door and just kinda strafed around it in circles and whacked at it, i've never had much of a strategy for them aside from making sure to cut their tails off and finishing off the first one as quickly as possible

Go Up