Have you ever gotten a bluescreen (or equivalent)?

Started by bluaki, October 12, 2009, 09:45:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

October 12, 2009, 09:45:19 PM Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:06:39 AM by bluaki
Just today I saw a BSOD for the first time that I remember. I was just watching anime with Media Player Classic, decided to switch to fullscreen mode and double clicked the video display, then the video continued playing while all other parts of the program (menu bar, pause/seek buttons, etc) were unresponsive. After I tried to click the buttons a couple times at that point, the blue screen popped up with an error that I believed said something about a page fault.

I commonly see non-Windows OS fanboys using supposed extremely common bluescreens as a reason to hate Windows, but after using XP for 5 years, this is the first time I've seen it.

Edit: It was apparently my hard drive dying. Had to just completely reinstall windows on a second drive I had.

Cookie

I grew up with windows 95, then we got ME, and next XP, then I built my Vista machine and have never have had the blue screen while using any of them. Common sense much? Don't call me a MS fanboy though, I have a G4 Mac that I love ever so dearly.

strongbad

I've had my computer freeze before but never a BSoD

The artist formally known

Never since I got rid of Windows 1998. XP never did anything but freeze and Vista hasn't done anything but has been uncompilable with random things.

the shortest route to the sea

My old xp computer had a bluescreen every two days, because I was running programs that were way too powerful for its graphics card. To this day, occasionally it refuses to turn on the screen, and changing the resolution results in death.

Um, with Ubuntu I've gotten distro installation problems and a bunch of scary jargon in terminal, but nothing that serious.

Scariest thing I ever saw?

"Error: system32 is corrupted or has been deleted."

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Travis

i think we used to have a windows 95 computer that got blue screen

snorkel

lots of kernel panics while installing ox86 various times

Samus Aran

I only had the blue screen way back when I had Win95, if I remember correctly. I didn't even have internet access back then, I mostly just used the computer to play Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Hiro

LCK

i got the blue screen like 5 times one time when i bought a shitty graphics card
i was running vista

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Kaz on October 15, 2009, 11:05:51 AM
I only had the blue screen way back when I had Win95, if I remember correctly. I didn't even have internet access back then, I mostly just used the computer to play Rollercoaster Tycoon.

That, and Age of Empires II.

And Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. >.<

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Daddy

Never, even when I wa--nvm Windows ME.

I never got it on something other than Windows ME though.

spaceman

Have used Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista, and now 7, and have never gotten a blue screen.

Windows crashed once but that was a driver issue.

Dullahan

I had a blue screen constantly when I was on NSider.

Go Up