June 09, 2024, 01:26:57 PM

1,531,633 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT: We make bundles of music for others

Started by ??????, September 13, 2009, 10:08:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Okay well I'm just going to make one unorganized package of 69 songs.
I hope people download it, and at least like some of it.  >.<

Hiro

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Hïro on October 10, 2009, 01:33:41 AM
Okay well I'm just going to make one unorganized package of 69 songs.
I hope people download it, and at least like some of it.  >.<

Hell, that's what I did, and going through the song list, I realized what a good job I did.  hocuspocus;

But I can't put it on my zune because of Linux and all. So, I'll dl it and then put it on later tonight, from the laptop.

Until then: stream of consiousness writing on each track of Echo's and

[spoiler]

Opeth - Hope Leaves. I know Opeth, I have Hearse, and I enjoy them, but never really got into them. I was really surprised by this song; at first I thought "Man, this is just too floaty and depressed for me," but I started getting really into it. They do a lot of really skilled, unexpected, and well-done things. It's beautiful music, really. The way it comes back to that strange, hypnotic guitar riff, and then builds continuously into a strange...I don't want to call it a crescendo, but things just start falling into place. Everything works so well together, and then when they work on it more you're like "Man, that's worthwhile." The major chords toward the end really give it depth. Such wonderful sonic texture, and use of melody without being overcomplex...it takes great songsmiths to do this without overdoing it. Not exactly intense, but a somewhat enthralling listen.

The Sounds - Midnight Sun. Never heard them before in my life. Dancey at the beginning to the point of being silly, but it's catchy. It flows nicely. The lyrics are...sort of stupid. I like where it goes, but I don't like how it gets there...there's only so much special things there. Then again...it is well done. I'm starting to like it more by the second verse...but it feels very mechanized, in some way. It doesn't...go far, I guess. This is of course a first impression, as all of these are, and I could see myself getting into the chorusy parts...I gotta say it tries to create a harder sound without really putting the energy in....but that guitar solo is pretty awesome. I like that part...I guess I could like this. Why do I hear Cocteau Twins in this?  doodella;

Something Corporate - She Pains Me Blue Holy shit, I love it. Texture, tone: the piano and the drum rhythm and the wailing guitar...man I wish your voice wasn't so reedy...but shit the piano works so well! Man, that and the drums...this started off so promising, but they aren't doing anything with having the lyrics...in fact they're layering the vocals, which isn't cool...but I could see awesome things coming from this group, if they got a bit punkier. On second thought, it all is pretty cool. I wish it just made more of an effort to drag me in...which it totally does in the bridge oh my fucking god, that's perfect. That's perfect, the second chorus is perfect. Goddamn. That's some hot shit. Very beautiful.

Blind Pilot - The Bitter End Nice acoustic. Quiet and pretty, evocative lyrics...uses the guitar really well to reflect everything. It unfolds wonderfully. Ooh, drums, too. I guess it helps. Oooh, vibes. It's not totally fitting together for me, but I'm bopping my head around to it. It's really beautiful, it grows and draws me in, and that acoustic is just fantastic. The drums could help it out more, but how harsh can I be? That's really cool. Oooh, nice choruses. I'm gettin' this shit.

Birds of Avalon - Think This is cool! Psychadelic, cool intervals, classy sitar. Nice vocal line working over it. It just chugs forward, echoes and soars without really changing. The creepy lyrics enhance it. The unison part is strange, but the bass + drums make it more strange and interesting, and it really builds, balancing between unison and soaring. The bass and guitar get more complex, same as drums. It almost...doesn't fit together...but then it does. It's so well put together, in fact ,that you sort of realize it while you're focusing on how it doesn't make sense. I really really like this. So cool man, I'm glad it's as long as it is. It builds and shrinks and regrows so ingeniously. Solos aren't really solos, but developments to get to somewhere else...hot damn! I could love this. Holy shit, I almost got the chills there. That rarely happens. Oh man it only gets more beat-drivenly awesome, this is like the harder version of Gang Gang Dance, somehow. Love love love. I fucking love you echo, this is hot stuff! I love it! That's going on the fuck yes list, yes. Awesome. Woooo. This is now my jam.

Slow Club - Christmas TV Builds and goes along nicely. Quaint and pretty and glowing. Nice lyrics, and they have nice voices. It's great, great. Pretty cool thing. I feel like singing along, just falling into their world. Good stuff, feels good man.

Keane - This Is the Last Time Electronic strangeness + piano + falsetto voice. It works, I think. It holds, I'm getting into it, if it's a bit overdone- but that doesn't make the buildup any less...not just catchy, although it's boatloads filled with that. And then...falls into ballad cliche...it's well done, and it builds nicely, but this just isn't my thing. I skipped the last half. It...doesn't shine at me.

Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar I can't say I know  Wish You Were Here very well, but I don't need to listen to the whole of this song to know I love it. Good choice.

The Rapture - I Am Complete This is the best kind of emo-ish harder stuff. I love the two guitar lines. Drives along nicely, I love the beat. Maybe lags a bit under the vocals...the lyrics are sorta stupid. But the soundscapes are full and filling and wonderful! Lotsa good yes. Cool album art, hey. The chorus just keeps modulating, but y'know that's ok. I wish Sick Puppies did stuff more like this. There's even good development around the guitar lines. Second chorus / pre-chorus cycle is pretty sick, man. P-piano? That's a bit much, even for me. But let's see what they do with it...nice buildup with bassline and the drums, but will it fit in here...that fill's too long...and all you did is make the chorus muddier...but then again it's pivoting in this coolish way. I'm on the fence about this piece, and I'm coming out on the positive. Nice.

The Bravery - This Is Not The End The Bravery has never really disappointed me, from the various cuts I've gotten. I'm gonna spend my time on other things, but the Bravery are pretty good, solidly, somewhat engrossing music. Well-put together, if a bit overdone.

My Twin - Katalonia I just got a wave of fatigue so this isn't gonna be unbiased any more. It's cool...but it's weird. I don't know what to think about it. It's good, it's strange and just sort of paralell to my line of thinking. Tight as hell. I think I like it. Nice melody lines, not too much relience on screaming chords (except in the chorus a bit, in that way it falls into boxes), and for the most part these guys are really creative. Bridge is sick shit, especially with the electric line put in. Oooh, nice cut out, I bet this coming-back part'll be awesome. Yep. I like it, I'll like it more in the future.

Pink Floyd - It's Gold In The ... I don't have to listen to the whole thing.
  [/spoiler]

Good shit, man. Good shit.  giggle;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

Quote from: Hïro on October 10, 2009, 05:15:03 AM
pew pew que please listen to mine too  :(

Here's what I'll do. Since I'm on my laptop for now, I'll dl yours and do a stream of consciousness for the first few, and I'll get all of it done over the weekend, and then I'll do Kazzykins' on the way.

Now, let me finish to this part of The Resistance so I can get my energy back. Don't worry, Hiro dear. :3

famy

lol

im uploading mine now, i made it in somewhat of a hurry so i didnt get everything i probably would have wanted, but i tried to get my favorites and not more than one of a song from the same artist, but i did a few times

its not one specific genre, its got some newer and old school hip hop and i tried to do something cool and get the songs that they sampled breaks from and stuff like that, it has some old soul and psychedelic funk and even some britpop and shit

i wanted to make it small but its still 72 songs so idk and it will probably not be in a specific order but i at least keep the music organized so idk

Quote from: whiny bitch on October 10, 2009, 05:31:12 AM
lol

im uploading mine now, i made it in somewhat of a hurry so i didnt get everything i probably would have wanted, but i tried to get my favorites and not more than one of a song from the same artist, but i did a few times

its not one specific genre, its got some newer and old school hip hop and i tried to do something cool and get the songs that they sampled breaks from and stuff like that, it has some old soul and psychedelic funk and even some britpop and shit

i wanted to make it small but its still 72 songs so idk and it will probably not be in a specific order but i at least keep the music organized so idk

I can't say you're high on the priority list, but I want to hear it. Sounds like it could be awesome.

October 10, 2009, 05:39:16 AM #67 Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 06:07:04 AM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
I'm just gonna take a sec to tell all the haters on The Resistance how much they're focusing on how much they're all douchebags, and not on the music which despite its cliches and posturing is pretty sick. I feel taken by it. That dl is taking a while, Hiro dear. I could write a song in this time (A Shameless Self Plug, if you will).

Ok, it finished downloading, Hiro babe. Unpacking, and here we go.

Belle and Sebastian - Act of Apostle Good choice for Belle and Sebastian song, I don't need to listen to it to love it. But thanks for reminding me of them.

Akron/Family - Everyone is Guilty I have a few cuts by them, and have heard their name everywhere, but never actually listened to them. This funky, awesome. Even if it doesn't go places, it's wonderful where it is. All sorts of wonderful grooves, building and receding. Then lyrics, and wonderful. Shit, this is insanely good! Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone...violins, hot damn! Oooh, baby, this kind of stuff gets me metaphysically wet. Damn, that's intense, with just the drums and vocals and synth, and then the bits in. Why have I never listened to these guys before, this is amazing!!! Fucking shit Hiro much love for pushing me into them. Hahahahah, yes! It even gets better and more interlocking and wonderful, it's like I've walked into a gigantic fucking festival filled with awesome and signing and hitting things. Hitting things! This music is like hitting things in the best way possible. It's so percussive in its tonality, the sense of rhythm is just spot-on. Slow breakdown! I don't believe it! What can't you do? Fucking yesssss, amazing amazing amazing. This is one of the sexiest, most wonderful things I've ever heard. Hoooollllyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I looovvveee youuuu hiiiiirooooo. It's like music and everything. AND NOW A RESATEMENT OF FUNK WITH VIOLINS AND WHOLY WIEOTHWEOF YESSSSSS AND NOW VOCALS AND EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE OHHH YESSSSSS I am getting this when I get home, getting it like weed gets you high. So damn beautiful. So damn...god god god god god yes yes thank you thank you thank you

Tom Vek - C-C (Set me on Fire) Interesting synthy punkish pop. Nice cyclicality to it, well done percussion. I just want to sway along to it in very many ways. Nice, nice. Good stuff.Solid solid solid.

Kasabian - Club Foot Nice resonance, sounds together. And then...punkish guitar and bass and drums and I am displeased as this is just floaty bullshit. The beat isn't enough, guys, there's art to be done. This is like the Chemical Brothers without the real focus on the beat or the songwriting talent, which is the only reason I listen to the Chemical Brothers. Ok, it's not that bad. But there's nothing special to it...wait, let me turn it up. Oh. That's better. Still not great, but it's ok.

Kasabian - Empire Ok, that's how you write a song. Real texture, really percussion. Real sounds, really drives along. Sickly! Oooh, nice tempo thing. I can get into these guys. We're all wasting awaaaayyyy. Nice riffs. I like it, I love it!

The Flaming Lips - Fight Test Don't need to listen to it, if anything.

Mando Diao - If I Don't Live Here Today, I Might Be Here Tomorrow It's pretty cool, but the guy doesn't know how to set a beat for the chorus. Still, really nice use of the violins and acoustic in creating textures. I guess the chorus isn't that bad, it does soar really cooly and stuff. Furi coory, man.

Caesars - Spirit So, are Caesars good? Let's find out. Pretty good, nicely rhythm and movement. Nice echo and feeling and noise and push. It's not really my thing. But it's cool, I guess. O-oh, drums. That's pretty nice. I like the feeling now...ok, the Caesars are pretty good. Problem solved.

Empire of the Sun - Standing on the Shore Uh uh uh holy crap, that's cool. That's cool. That's how you do it. Fuck, man. Perfect beat to it, lovely rotation about it with the guitar. It's like a breath of sun. This is lifting my heart and bringing tears to my eyes. Wow. Wow.

Fugazi - Waiting Room Lounge punk? Or whatever you'd call these guys. It just floats along. Sort of like Stroll, maybe. Well done beats, hehe. Hehe!...NOT MY THING

Hot Chip - And I was a Boy from School This is cool. Good beat...I'm a sucker for good production, but this isn't just that. Good use of rhythm...that vocal line is just perfectly harmonized and placed. Really cool, almost old and new, hard and soft at the same time. Very much in its place, and doesn't go too far, but I like the place it's in. That's just preference, not aesthetics. But it's still...I dunno. Like I said, I'm a sucker for good production, but this isn't just that.

Too tired, quitting at 9. Will come back.  doodella;

Hiro

Hiro

October 10, 2009, 06:16:54 AM #69 Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 06:29:11 AM by Hïro
By the way I only put Club Foot in there because that's usually the starting point for most Kasabian fans, even though they have better songs.

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 10, 2009, 05:39:16 AM
Akron/Family - Everyone is Guilty I have a few cuts by them, and have heard their name everywhere, but never actually listened to them. This funky, awesome. Even if it doesn't go places, it's wonderful where it is. All sorts of wonderful grooves, building and receding. Then lyrics, and wonderful. Shit, this is insanely good! Everyone, everyone, everyone, everyone...violins, hot damn! Oooh, baby, this kind of stuff gets me metaphysically wet. Damn, that's intense, with just the drums and vocals and synth, and then the bits in. Why have I never listened to these guys before, this is amazing!!! Fucking shit Hiro much love for pushing me into them. Hahahahah, yes! It even gets better and more interlocking and wonderful, it's like I've walked into a gigantic fucking festival filled with awesome and signing and hitting things. Hitting things! This music is like hitting things in the best way possible. It's so percussive in its tonality, the sense of rhythm is just spot-on. Slow breakdown! I don't believe it! What can't you do? Fucking yesssss, amazing amazing amazing. This is one of the sexiest, most wonderful things I've ever heard. Hoooollllyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I looovvveee youuuu hiiiiirooooo. It's like music and everything. AND NOW A RESATEMENT OF FUNK WITH VIOLINS AND WHOLY WIEOTHWEOF YESSSSSS AND NOW VOCALS AND EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE EVERYONE OHHH YESSSSSS I am getting this when I get home, getting it like weed gets you high. So damn beautiful. So damn...god god god god god yes yes thank you thank you thank you
I have to admit, this made me blush a little bit  giggle;

But don't worry, for most of those bands you said were okay, there's other songs in there by them that are much better.

famy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOUQDX3N

ok
well there it is >:[

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on October 10, 2009, 05:38:07 AM
I can't say you're high on the priority list, but I want to hear it. Sounds like it could be awesome.
thx it better be

Quote from: Hïro on October 10, 2009, 06:16:54 AM
By the way I only put Club Foot in there because that's usually the starting point for most Kasabian fans, even though they have better songs.

Oh good  akudood;

QuoteBut don't worry, for most of those bands you said were okay, there's other songs in there by them that are much better.

Good. If the common denominator is energetic punky-synthy-artful pop, I will be a happy lady.  happydood;

Nate

I'm really liking Pqqu's pack, I'm downloading the rest of the packs right now.

Maybe I'll get around to making a pack, but its doubtful.

Quote from: Nate on October 10, 2009, 04:23:24 PM
I'm really liking Pqqu's pack, I'm downloading the rest of the packs right now.

Maybe I'll get around to making a pack, but its doubtful.

Thank you, dear. I'm surprised you don't have most of those songs. Then again, I made sure to include local / unknown groups in there: Algernon Cadwallader (who just got signed to Too Pure, I think, good for them), Solcarlus, Alyssa, etc.

Nate

Yeah I have a lot of music, but a lot of the stuff I downloaded in here I either have some of the artist but not the album, or I just don't have the artist. I'm finding some great stuff in these packs.

Go Up