May 11, 2024, 06:15:37 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I got a new Laptop, too

Started by Blaze-Senpai, August 15, 2009, 03:44:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blaze-Senpai

August 15, 2009, 03:44:46 PM Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:17:33 PM by reefer
Same one I planned on getting, minus the upgraded shit since I deemed it useless.

HP HDX 18 ( http://www.shopping.hp.com/series/category/notebooks/HDX18t_series/3/computer_store )

2.53GHz Core 2 Duo P8700
4GB DDR2 Ram @ 1066Mhz
Nvidia GeForce 9600m
18.4 inch screen @ 1920x1080

The shit's huge, but still fits in my bookbag (barely).

Only $1145 with tax :3

Daddy

WHY DOES EVERYONE BUY HP.

Every damn HP product I've owned has had problems with failing power systems.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on August 15, 2009, 04:52:52 PM
WHY DOES EVERYONE BUY HP.

Every damn HP product I've owned has had problems with failing power systems.

I've never really had any problems with HP products unless you count Compaq since HP owns them and my sisters have a Compaq laptop that's virtually useless because it's seriously that slow and bogged down with extra shit I can't get rid of for some reason.

Kalahari Inkantation

My dad's Compaq laptop is utter garbage and my HP printer/scanner/copier will not scan unless I reinstall it every single time I want to do so. goowan

Andria

Quote from: Tc on August 15, 2009, 05:24:16 PM
My dad's Compaq laptop is utter garbage and my HP printer/scanner/copier will not scan unless I reinstall it every single time I want to do so. goowan

That is how my hp printer/scanner/copier/fax is  doodthing; basically I have to reinstall it on a monthly basis when I need it or its just gonna be useless. Also it has a scan button on it that get this  baddood; does NOTHING. You have to go into the software and click scan for it to scan so the button serves no purpose.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Echo on August 15, 2009, 05:33:14 PM
That is how my hp printer/scanner/copier/fax is  doodthing; basically I have to reinstall it on a monthly basis when I need it or its just gonna be useless. Also it has a scan button on it that get this  baddood; does NOTHING. You have to go into the software and click scan for it to scan so the button serves no purpose.
actually mine has a fax machine too but that doesn't work either giggle;
scan copies unless i reinstall doodthing;

Hiro

If I were to get a PC, what brand would you recommend then?  akudood;
I don't really care for Dell, HP doesn't have a good track record, and Sony is too expensive.

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on August 15, 2009, 05:53:47 PM
If I were to get a PC, what brand would you recommend then?  akudood;
I don't really care for Dell, HP doesn't have a good track record, and Sony is too expensive.
Asus

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on August 15, 2009, 07:08:16 PM
Sounds good. thumbup;
Also, that's if you're buying a laptop since I really haven't heard of anyone building their own.

If you're talking about a desktop, building it would be best but if you are going to buy prebuilt, go with Asus.

Hiro

Quote from: Khadafi on August 15, 2009, 07:32:35 PM
Also, that's if you're buying a laptop since I really haven't heard of anyone building their own.

If you're talking about a desktop, building it would be best but if you are going to buy prebuilt, go with Asus.

yes, I'm talking about a laptop  baddood;

Blaze-Senpai

the shortest route to the sea

So my sister was bitching to my folks about a new laptop, and they caved. Guess who gets the old one! I mean I'd prefer to wipe the thing and reinstall xp but that would cost money.  Does anyone have ideas for wiping a windows computer while keeping the partition and registered os?

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Wrench

Quote from: Khadafi on August 15, 2009, 07:03:10 PM
Asus

Almost got an Asus, but it ran like shit at the store and got dirty easily.

rdl

I have a Gateway laptop and it's pretty amazing. Also it was only $300.

Go Up