April 27, 2024, 05:49:05 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Supposedly great albums you just can't get into

Started by Samus Aran, August 01, 2009, 09:47:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

Anything by Tool. idk I just don't like it.  n_u

sans culottes

Quote from: lfctwentytwo on August 10, 2009, 05:41:56 PM
i'm a big gun's n roses fan here so don't bother replying here saying...'DIE'  akudood;  because i like ever one of their other albums...but chinese democracy is just not a winner for me...GnR with no slash is like coffee without sugar...it's horrible it's painful it's empty that album...not one song of it i'm still singing 20 minutes later...biggest disapointment ever
GNR was my favorite band when I was thirteen. Speaking as someone who's heard their shit in and out, I'd like to tell you that I'd much rather hear Chinese Democracy than Appetite for Destruction any day. Slash is an excellent guitarist and an icon of rock, but as a musician overall, he is shit compared to Axl Rose. Rose is a great songwriter and he put the songs on Chinese Democracy together very well. Chinese Democracy is nothing like the original Guns N' Roses, but it is very good.
Quote from: Geno on August 10, 2009, 06:26:06 PM
Yeah uh it's not the best but I think it's really good. Still don't see how people can say it's one of the best though. It has maybe 5 songs that are good and the rest kind of bore me.
Teen Spirit, Lithium, Come as You Are, Drain You, In Bloom, and On a Plain are all good songs. The other half of the album is pretty boring. Good album? Yes. Best album? Fuck no, I don't know how people get that idea. I think that the way it's so acclaimed by some critics is just a pretension. Rolling Stone gave Nevermind 3/5 when it came out, but in '04 they named in the 19th best album ever. A lot of asshats don't really know Nirvana, but like to pretend they do so they feel cool and in with the times.

Now I'm reminded of how much I hate Rolling Stone.
I support BUSH

Hiro

Quote from: coz on August 10, 2009, 08:15:54 PM
GNR was my favorite band when I was thirteen. Speaking as someone who's heard their shit in and out, I'd like to tell you that I'd much rather hear Chinese Democracy than Appetite for Destruction any day. Slash is an excellent guitarist and an icon of rock, but as a musician overall, he is shit compared to Axl Rose. Rose is a great songwriter and he put the songs on Chinese Democracy together very well. Chinese Democracy is nothing like the original Guns N' Roses, but it is very good.
I'm not a big GNR fan at all, but I thought Chinese Democracy was horrendous.

Quote from: coz on August 10, 2009, 08:15:54 PM
Teen Spirit, Lithium, Come as You Are, Drain You, In Bloom, and On a Plain are all good songs. The other half of the album is pretty boring. Good album? Yes. Best album? Fuck no, I don't know how people get that idea. I think that the way it's so acclaimed by some critics is just a pretension. Rolling Stone gave Nevermind 3/5 when it came out, but in '04 they named in the 19th best album ever. A lot of asshats don't really know Nirvana, but like to pretend they do so they feel cool and in with the times.

Now I'm reminded of how much I hate Rolling Stone.
Well they do have different writers for RS now, who are likely to have different opinions.
But Rolling Stone is pretty damn stupid lol

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

sans culottes

Quote from: Hïro on August 10, 2009, 08:31:19 PM
I'm not a big GNR fan at all, but I thought Chinese Democracy was horrendous.
This is what I expect everyone to think. I think I'm the only guy in the world who likes Chinese Democracy.
I support BUSH

Geno

Quote from: coz on August 10, 2009, 09:32:31 PM
This is what I expect everyone to think. I think I'm the only guy in the world who likes Chinese Democracy.
I didnt love it but I thought it was alright
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

lfctwentytwo

Quote from: Kaz on August 10, 2009, 10:00:55 PM
lol, GNR

I can't believe I used to like them. akudood;

i think everyone liked gnr's old style

november rain is just a epic song a masterpiece and slash makes that song like complete i still listen to their old albums but i did give chinese democracy a chance...just it was pathetic really

sans culottes

Quote from: Kaz on August 10, 2009, 10:00:55 PM
lol, GNR

I can't believe I used to like them. akudood;
I have absolutely no interest in listening to them right now and with the exception of Chinese Democracy, I haven't willingly listened to them in over a year. There's a lot of music I liked when I was 13 that makes me think "how the hell did i ever like this". GNR's not bad, really, though. It's the fact that I used to like Motley Crue that disappoints me.
I support BUSH

burzumfan420

Quote from: Title on August 09, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
"Strawberry Jam" by Animal Collective. I loved Merriweather Post Pavilion but I guess i'm just too damn mainstream to enjoy their more "abstract" shit. Whatever.

What the hell? MPP was more abstract then Strawberry Jam. I am like the opposite. You uncool hipster fuck.

Veal

Quote from: burzumfan420 on August 11, 2009, 01:46:48 PM
What the hell? MPP was more abstract then Strawberry Jam. I am like the opposite. You uncool hipster fuck.

You serious? Strawberry Jam is just like, noise.

Roach

Quote from: coz on August 08, 2009, 05:57:29 PM
Really, it's everyone, critic, fan, or musician, who sort of put their heads together and coin stupid shit. But I just don't get the term post-rock. You see, punk and grunge were movements that only lasted a few years, so "post-punk" and "post-grunge" make sense, because they drew influence from a movement that died. The major movements in rock music, just plain old rock music, are 50's rock'n'roll and the various styles of the 60's. The term post-rock basically says "oh hi, rock and roll happened and now it's gone, here's what happens after it".

I don't get it baddood;
Fuck you, there is no post-punk, it only went back underground in the 90's because of shitty pop-punk bands taking over for the decade. bassir;

Thankfully, it's coming back now. Fucking Blink-182.  madood;
There will always be a Moon over Marin.

burzumfan420

Quote from: Veal on August 11, 2009, 10:11:21 PM
You serious? Strawberry Jam is just like, noise.

not really. but i like strawberry jam a million times more MPP, i just can only rock out to a couple of MPP songs while i can listen to all of strawberry jam

sans culottes

Quote from: Roach on August 12, 2009, 09:34:46 AM
Fuck you, there is no post-punk, it only went back underground in the 90's because of shitty pop-punk bands taking over for the decade. bassir;

Thankfully, it's coming back now. Fucking Blink-182.  madood;
Punk didn't die, it dissappeared. Post-punk refers to many styles of alternative that developed after the original punk movement ended.
I support BUSH

Skylark

Strawberry Jam is one of my favorite Animal Collective albums and along with Feels I think it is the easiest album for people who don't love Animal Collective to listen to because... they're normal songs. Merriweather Post Pavillion has "My Girls" and "Summertime Clothes" to a lesser extent "In the Flowers" and "Bluish" other than that it's all pretty out there.
the book of right on

Go Up