April 28, 2024, 02:36:11 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Did God create Evolution?

Started by Spam, July 31, 2009, 10:55:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Spam

July 31, 2009, 10:55:14 AM Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 06:54:29 PM by reefer
Do you think God( if a being as of that nature exist) created evolution, or did "God" lose control of his "creation". Simply put did a high being make the cavemen which evolved into us? Discuss and try to bring up other issues dealing with God creating Evolution.

YPrrrr

Well being that God is supposedly "all powerful" I doubt he'd lose control of something he created, since that would contradict his very existance. So yes, I'd say he created evolution, sure

rdl

Yeah.

If he didn't, who did? Did it just spring up on its own? That would imply that God doesn't have control over all things. And if God can't control everything, what kind of god is he?

Travis

Quote from: RDX on July 31, 2009, 01:20:29 PM
Yeah.

If he didn't, who did? Did it just spring up on its own?
yes

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: RDX on July 31, 2009, 01:20:29 PM
Yeah.

If he didn't, who did? Did it just spring up on its own? That would imply that God doesn't have control over all things. And if God can't control everything, what kind of god is he?
maybe God just spaced and forgot about us. Maybe God doesn't care.

rdl

Quote from: Trav on July 31, 2009, 01:21:20 PM
yes
But that's an atheistic way of thinking.
And I'm not a heretic baddood;

Quote from: NautSyd on July 31, 2009, 01:21:44 PM
maybe God just spaced and forgot about us. Maybe God doesn't care.
but God is said to care deeply about his creation. this is repeated in the quran about every 20 or so verses over and over. so i dont think God is just so sick of earth that hes just sleeping on his godly control panel bored out of his mind

Daddy

Why would God create evolution? If he is all knowing and all powerful wouldn't he create things exactly how he wants them?

Also, nothing created evolution.

rdl

I'm gonna be a douche and say this is a dumb question, because basically youre asking "Do you think God has control over everything?". The religious man will say "Yes", then the atheist man will say "No, because he doesn't exist". Then the religious man will say "You're retarded yes he does" and then it boils down to just being another "lol does god exist?" debate that never ends.

Asking if God exists is like asking if abortion is ok. Unless if you want a headache and many wasted hours, you dont ask that question at all.

Virgule punctuation mark

Well, if God gives humans ways to better themselves, or a free will to decide themselves whether to be good or evil, it could mean that God would give the same paths and choices to the plant and animals of the world, to create a base life capable of deciding paths of extinction or perfection, the planet slowly changing as time passes.
If there is a god I would think it could intervene evolution at any time, but chooses not to just as it allows Humankind to live as they will, knowing their fate from the beginning and the ability change them at a whim.

Samus Aran

Quote from: RDX on July 31, 2009, 02:05:31 PM
I'm gonna be a douche and say this is a dumb question, because basically youre asking "Do you think God has control over everything?". The religious man will say "Yes", then the atheist man will say "No, because he doesn't exist". Then the religious man will say "You're retarded yes he does" and then it boils down to just being another "lol does god exist?" debate that never ends.

Asking if God exists is like asking if abortion is ok. Unless if you want a headache and many wasted hours, you dont ask that question at all.

Wow, finally someone sums up why I generally never post in these threads. "Hey guys, let's argue about something that mankind has no hope of ever proving one way or the other!"

Daddy

Quote from: Ken on July 31, 2009, 03:50:58 PM
Wow, finally someone sums up why I generally never post in these threads. "Hey guys, let's argue about something that mankind has no hope of ever proving one way or the other!"
Are you saying if God existed there would be no way to prove that?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 31, 2009, 04:32:11 PM
Are you saying if God existed there would be no way to prove that?

There's no way to prove it to an atheist, yeah. You know that just as well as I do. If someone pointed out all of what they call proof, you wouldn't believe any of it.

Daddy

Quote from: Ken on July 31, 2009, 04:34:05 PM
There's no way to prove it to an atheist, yeah. You know that just as well as I do. If someone pointed out all of what they call proof, you wouldn't believe any of it.
Uh, I would think that if an atheist saw Jesus descend from the heavens or God smite and entire city or something with actual "proof" they wouldn't reject it.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 31, 2009, 04:36:18 PM
Uh, I would think that if an atheist saw Jesus descend from the heavens or God smite and entire city or something with actual "proof" they wouldn't reject it.

According to scripture, the only time anything like that is going to happen is the Second Coming, and at that point "proof" won't matter, because atheism would be condemned regardless.

Basically what I'm saying is, the way things are now, taking both scripture and the evolution of science into account, neither an atheist or a Christian will ever be able to prove the other one wrong. That's all there is to it.

Daddy

Quote from: Ken on July 31, 2009, 04:43:57 PMBasically what I'm saying is, the way things are now, taking both scripture and the evolution of science into account, neither an atheist or a Christian will ever be able to prove the other one wrong. That's all there is to it.
That works out because it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist.

The problem here is that religious people use that as an argument for God's existence just like not being able to prove that  I can't see the future isn't an argument to make a case that I can see into the future.

Evolution has been observed.  baddood;

Go Up