May 13, 2024, 01:37:26 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

spaceman

Danced more than I ever danced before at Dan Deacon. And my concert experience includes LCD Soundsystem and of Montreal, so that tells you something.

Moshed more than I ever moshed at Lightning Bolt. ****ing hell, what a brilliant performance.

Dan Deacon is the chillest bro of all time, like always (and like always with Lighting Bolt) he played down right at our level, went into the crowd numerous times, organized dance offs, and just made it a fantastic atmosphere. Him and Brian Chippendale were setting up equipment right in front of us, they're such cool dudes.

So yes, go see Dan Deacon and Lightning Bolt when they come to your city on this tour, you will not regret it.

Best $5 ever spent. Also got a kick ass Dan Deacon shirt, it's a gladiator with serpents for a head.

Wrench

C.Mongler

Should I see Xiu Xiu

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

the shortest route to the sea

The National, man, they played for fucking ever.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Patrick Stickles

they're fucking teasing me man

october 29th, titus is playing at uconn storrs, which is where about half my high school goes to school now, so i wouldn't even have a problem fucking staying there

unfortunately, i can't get there or back on friday. WHAT THE FUCK TITUS
What the fuck was it for anyway?

spaceman

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 15, 2010, 06:18:39 AM
they're fucking teasing me man

october 29th, titus is playing at uconn storrs, which is where about half my high school goes to school now, so i wouldn't even have a problem fucking staying there

unfortunately, i can't get there or back on friday. WHAT THE FUCK TITUS

I feel your pain.

sans culottes

gorillaz was SO LEGIT

second row seats, fuck yeah n_u
I support BUSH

Geno

Got my ticket for Crystal Castles  cjlubdoods;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

saw band of horses and their openers.

Uncle Mountain is a band from Asheville, they sound pretty similar to BoH. I was impressed with their show this go around (I saw them once during a street festival) I kind of wish their drums were...I dunno...bigger. The music has potential, it just needs a stronger drum presence and better lyrics.

Jenny and Johnny were great. Jenny Lewis is has a great voice. The bass played only had one move where he would kind of sway back and forth.

Band of Horses played forever it seemed like, but they did a good show. Not familiar with their music, but I'm definetly going to check it out.

Geno

Enter Shikari was so fucking amazing. Best crowd I've ever seen. Partly due to the fact that the band jump in the pit and started going fucking crazy while continuing to play. My voice is dead from yelling so much.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

spaceman

Godspeed You! Black Emperor added a third Chicago show, and it's all ages. Just bought my tickets now. I am so fucking excited.  n_n

I'm seeing Crystal Castles and GY!BE within 10 days of each other. MARCH 2011 CANNOT ARRIVE FAST ENOUGH.

Andria

Dr.Dog in early 2011

Hiro

Quote from: Echo on November 10, 2010, 04:14:17 PM
Dr.Dog in early 2011
They were here on monday
I couldn't afford to go smithicide;

Placebo Headwound

Only thing I have on my schedule right now is Gogol Bordello on January 1st.

While Gogol Bordello is an amazing way to start 2011, I'm somewhat sad I have nothing until then. :(

Go Up