May 10, 2024, 12:27:51 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

Geno

Seeing Vampire Weekend & Beach House today  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Geno

Holy shit vampire weekend was so fucking good.
They sound just like they do on the album. They played all but 2 if their songs. The lights were fucking awesome. And just the whole atmosphere was amazing.
Oh and Beach House was fucking good too
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Nyerp

the shortest route to the sea

Fucking crazy: Cocorosie is playing here really soon, and Owen motherfucking Pallett is playing a secretish show here before heading to New Jersey. Time #4, here I come.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

Quote from: steal on September 03, 2010, 11:36:40 PM
... I can't be the only one who finds this band to be disgustingly overrated.
that's what I told him, but apparently that makes me a hipster who only cares about indie cred

Geno

Oh god yes they are. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good concert though

Daddy

Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on September 03, 2010, 01:41:56 PMTime #4, here I come.
Does this mean that....
I was your first time? yes;

spaceman

They are, but they're still damn good and have a good live show.

Overrated =/= bad.

Anyways, of Montreal on the 25th fuck yea

Geno

Slayer and Megadeth tonight

Geno

Slayer and Megadeth was amazing <3

Geno

Quote from: Khadafi on September 04, 2010, 08:19:30 AM
Does this mean that....
I was your first time? yes;

Yes, yes it was. You took my Final Fantasy virginity.  giggle;
Please let me know how Monday goes!

spaceman

Killer Whales/Wavves/Christmas Island show tonight was GREAT.

Killer Whales surprised the hell out of me. They have no recordings, which makes me sad because I want to hear them more. They were fantastic. They were first opener, and it was a nice small intimate venue, and there must have been only 20 people plus the band in there. All the members were hilarious as well. Interacted with the crowd, etc.

Then Christmas Island came on. They were good but not as good as Killer Whales. I did however buy an LP of theirs.

Then Wavves came on and did what Wavves does. Loud and energetic and stoned out of their minds. Crowd surfing, dancing, banter, good connection between the band and the crowd. Nathan played the whole show with 5 strings, then broke another one on the second to last song and played the finale with only 4. Good show, I'd say.

Fun times.

Saw a sweet looped violin artist named Emily Wells, she has a new LP coming out. Saw a few local groups: Fauxtrot, who did the most amazing cover of Take On Me in 8-bit style, and Agerstown Riots, who played a fine rocknroll/punk set. Catching, in addition to Owen Pallett, Cocorosie, and possibly Guided by Voices (Halloween show), Tobacco, frontman of BSMR. There's also a bunch of random noise shows that happen in apartments in the area, coupled with great punch.

spaceman

Quote from: fluxus on September 12, 2010, 09:10:07 PM
Killer Whales/Wavves/Christmas Island show tonight was GREAT.

Killer Whales surprised the hell out of me. They have no recordings, which makes me sad because I want to hear them more. They were fantastic. They were first opener, and it was a nice small intimate venue, and there must have been only 20 people plus the band in there. All the members were hilarious as well. Interacted with the crowd, etc.

Then Christmas Island came on. They were good but not as good as Killer Whales. I did however buy an LP of theirs.

Then Wavves came on and did what Wavves does. Loud and energetic and stoned out of their minds. Crowd surfing, dancing, banter, good connection between the band and the crowd. Nathan played the whole show with 5 strings, then broke another one on the second to last song and played the finale with only 4. Good show, I'd say.

Fun times.

oh and the smith westerns were in the crowd.

Go Up