May 06, 2024, 01:20:30 AM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Concerts?

Started by Feynman, May 28, 2009, 02:33:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Have you been to a concert?

No.
Yes.
Go Down

spaceman

Wavves Sept 12

of Montreal Sept 25

Placebo Headwound

The Protomen were fucking great. Saw them in an unbelievably tiny venue in Brooklyn. It was so small the opener had to play in the crowd because there was no room for his equipment onstage.

Also, the opener (Make Up And Vanity Set)  made us form conga lines and dance circles, he was pretty damned good.

the shortest route to the sea

Got tix to see The National in Indianapolis on Oct. 2nd, opened by none other than Owen Pallett. JMV you'd better fucking tell me how the Wilbur show goes!

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

spaceman

Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on August 17, 2010, 08:53:09 PM
Got tix to see The National in Indianapolis on Oct. 2nd, opened by none other than Owen Pallett. JMV you'd better fucking tell me how the Wilbur show goes!

Pfft, Indianapolis.

Come to Chicago and see Broken Social Scene on Oct 2

Quote from: fluxus on August 17, 2010, 09:02:27 PM
Pfft, Indianapolis.

Come to Chicago and see Broken Social Scene on Oct 2

I have a duty to Owen, man. Or more specifically Thomas Gill. But that sounds like a fantastic show.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Dirty Projectors coming to raleigh.

I need your advice boyah. I'm taking a girl, i want good seats.

Should I be twelve rows back from the stage in the center aisle of seats, or six rows back on the left or right?

Center, let the experience wash over you. Enjoy Owen!

Placebo Headwound

Saw Titus Andronicus in a tiny bar in New Jersey. They were amazing, and I got to talk to their vocalist outside the venue. giggle;

Andria

My town is having a dry spell of concerts I would enjoy for the next couple months  :(

at least I had a nice pull this summer

The Thermals, The Coathangers, and Past Lives
Of Montreal and Noot D' Noot
Thao Nyugen and These United States
Deerhunter and Kurt Vile

and a few local shows 

Thyme

Animals as Leaders kind of stand out. n_u

Placebo Headwound

That reminds me, I rarely seem to go to metal shows for some reason. :(

Geno

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on August 21, 2010, 12:55:02 PM
That reminds me, I rarely seem to go to metal shows for some reason. :(
Go see Megadeth/Slayer if they havent come to New York yet  giggle;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

I'm moving into a small town 3 hours north, ensuring I never attend a good concert. myface;

Hiro, you also had the whole sound-strike thing going on.  Cleveland's the same way, I have to drive 4 hours to a reasonable venue.

Hiro

August 30, 2010, 11:22:44 PM #479 Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:31:29 PM by Hïro
Quote from: Sheets are Swaying on August 28, 2010, 10:09:51 PM
Hiro, you also had the whole sound-strike thing going on.  Cleveland's the same way, I have to drive 4 hours to a reasonable venue.
I just looked that up, and that really sucks.  :( We didn't even vote on the damn thing, and people who listen to these bands are likely to have voted against it anyways! Why punish us? I get that they're making a statement, but if I haven't even heard of it until now, then obviously it's not working too well.

ALSO DR. DOG IS PLAYING HERE NOVEMBER 8TH OH GOD YES

Go Up